Need help picking out a vcard

unless your mobo is a total POS, the card will be fine.

That one is good, love ASUS, but I bet I can find a better deal than that.

My mobo might be a total pos... it is a dell prebuilt after all. Where do I find info on my mobo? It isnt in my system settings like the processor and ram are.

My mobo might be a total pos... it is a dell prebuilt after all. Where do I find info on my mobo? It isnt in my system settings like the processor and ram are.

by total POS, I mean ancient ones that were like $40 new. DELL uses intel boards on a lot of their builds, which are fine.

Well if you think you can find a better deal that'd be great, though the asus was one of the cheapest I found on the site.

Thanks, now I just need to save up $28 somehow. Maybe it's time to unload some old games.

good idea lol.

Trust me, it'll be worth it. Just don't let gamestop screw you over too bad.

Lol, I'm actually buying final fantasy 13 on my budget too, which is why im short, otherwise the total of the psu/gpu would almost perfectly match my budget. You can trade in 2 games from wii/ps3/xbox360 and get final fantasy 13 for $20, this deal also works for god of war 3. So whatever, I'll give them a couple wii games since I'm selling the wii anyway (which is where the bulk of my budget is coming from) and I'll be good to go.

This thread sure has come a long way from "I need a $50 card NAO!"

lol yeah. I remember when I was first planning my build, it was gonna have a 9600GT and a single 22 inch monitor. I now have (in one machine) a 4870 x2, 5750, and 9600 GSO for physX, with triple 28 inch monitors and a 15.6 inch monitor. I love overkill....

I'm runnin on a single 19" monitor and it's only 1440x900 but.. I just don't have the heart to get rid of it, it's SO clear and perfect and I've had it for 2-3 years. I don't need a bigger screen but I wouldn't mind a higher resolution for gaming... I hate that I'm capped at 1440x900, even if I could just bump it up to 1080p I'd be happy.

I found the same monitor online for $123, I paid $199 for mine at the time, but if I get dualscreen I'll still be stuck at a low res. But I'm getting ahead of myself, I can't even think about a new monitor until I move and get a job.

Speaking of which, if the psu or gpu come defective, or fry in the first few months, is it going to cost me anything to get a new one sent to me? Doesn't seem right that I have to pay for their mistakes. I'm also a little edgy about installing the psu, I've replaced tons of gpus but the psu seems a little more complicated and risky, despite people saying it's like knex and lego..

you will have to pay to ship it back if its DOA. That's all though, and they fit in the $6 USPS box.

If your resolution is so low, you might wanna consider the 512MB 5750. It'll save you a few bucks, but when you upgrade, it won't perform as well.

EDIT: the difference is only $10 and the 1GB has a better cooler. Get the 1GB unless you can find the 512MB cheap.

Back
Top Bottom