Which case

nbrikha

In Runtime
Antec twelve hundred or Cooler Master HAF 932. Which one is a better case for a gaming rig and reasons behind?

Antec 1200.

But You can get an Armor LCS from mwave for $140, which is a WAY better deal.

my favorite case ever...ever...is the Antec Nine Hundred, the original one, not the 900 two, I love how the original one looks, not too blingy but stylish, the 900 two is an abortion with that raised circular blowhole on top, the Antec Nine Hundred's top has a more classic look, the flush blowhole and the recessed tray for keys, ipods, cell phones, etc. is much better than the 900 two's top, they never should've changed the look, if anything they should've just rotated the hdd bays, added holes in the motherboard tray for cable management and swapping out the cpu cooler without removing the motherboard and maybe painting the inside black, then it would've been perfect...

that said, surprise, surprise, those faults in the Antec Nine Hundred and the fact that the 1200 is basically just a bigger Nine Hundred make me lean towards suggesting the HAF 932, the exterior is not as attractive as the original Nine Hundred (imo) but everything the 1200 is lacking the HAF 932 has...as you can see, rotated hdd bays and cable management holes but no all black interior :mad: ...

3292208812_3be21bb35c.jpg

I would pick the HAF 932 over the 1200...

HAF 932

I have the 1200 and I like it just fine.
I do wish that you didn't have to take the side off and remove the bays to clean the filters though.

It's the only case I have ever owned too so take that into account.

I think that once you are looking at this level of a case they are all going to have plenty of cooling, you may save a fraction of a degree here or there, but in the end it will come down to the one you think looks the coolest.

Antec 1200.

But You can get an Armor LCS from mwave for $140, which is a WAY better deal.

EDIT: They don't have the black one anymore, just the silver, but imo the silver is prettier. http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch_v3.asp?scriteria=AA75878

Very good case, and it includes a real liquid cooling system. Replace that waterblock and the tubing and you are set.

Love the Armors, best TT case IMO. I would sell off the liquid cooling system though, never been a fan of TT's liquid cooling stuff.

That is a phase change system. Totally useless imo.

Serioulsly? It's $800!

Love the Armors, best TT case IMO. I would sell off the liquid cooling system though, never been a fan of TT's liquid cooling stuff.

actually, the radiator and pump/reservoir are awesome. The rad appears to have been manufactured by a different company, as it is actually higher quality then my swiftech MCR220. MUCH higher quality.

This is not like their pos kits they sell separately.

All phase change systems are that pricey. Lowest out there is made by OCZ and apparently low grade materials, and it still costs 400. And not useless. overkill, yes. useless, not nearly. But I just read a few articles that said phase change systems on the lga 1366 boards cause moisture to condense. So that's a no go. Going with a custom liquid cooling. I'm drawing out a diagram in my head. Foothead if you wanna gimme some recommendations on reservoirs and radiators that'll be great.

EDIT
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/6473/ex-res-130/XSPC_Bay_Reservoir_Pump_Combo.html?tl=g30c107s155
Don't know how you feel about this, but a bay res/pump combo seems pretty convenient. Good reviews too.

Get the armor lcs, then swap the waterblock with an apogee XT, and get some better tubing.

The radiator in the case is as high quality as XSPC, and many other high end rads. As far as the ump/res, its a standard reservoir, with a 500 L/hr pump that is pretty silent, and has worked amazingly for me. Also comes with compression fittings. If you are going the liquid cooled route, this is by far the cheapest way to do it.

Hmm, looks like a Danger Den maybe? Glad to see it has a good radiator, too bad they don't use the same ones as their kits sold separately.

What don't you like about your MCR? My MCR320 seems fine in the build quality. They're designed for lower-RPM fans if you're speaking about performance, so they won't scale incredibly well with lots of airflow.

Back
Top Bottom