How's this sound?

Okay, let's clear some things up:-

That 8800 GTS is a 320 MB version, meaning that it is not the newer 512 MB 8800 GTS ( which is a good card ).Instead, this 320 MB pile of shit is based on the old G80 architecture and a lowly card it is.

In case it wasn't clear, don't buy it.

Finally, the 5750 is too near to the 5770's price.About the 5670, I don't get why you'd use DX11 with a budget card ...it's one of those terms like Married Bachelor that don't make any sense.Plus, how many DX11 titles are there, anyway?

we really need to know what res he's playing games at because it may not make any difference which one he gets, yes the 512MB version is better, but as an example, you can't really notice the difference between 150 FPS and 120 FPS, plus the 320MB one is much cheaper (~ $50)...

we really need to know what res he's playing games at because it may not make any difference which one he gets, yes the 512MB version is better, but as an example, you can't really notice the difference between 150 FPS and 120 FPS, plus the 320MB one is much cheaper (~ $50)...

He mentioned ARMA II.I rest my case.

EDIT: Of course, we need to know the monitor.@OP: What monitor are you getting?

He mentioned ARMA II.I rest my case.

EDIT: Of course, we need to know the monitor.@OP: What monitor are you getting?

you rest what case...? you sound confused to me, what did you think I was talking about when I mentioned res being a factor...?

I will clear this up.
Here's you problem dude, you will play ARMA, not maxed.
That game is so terribly optimized, it takes two $600 GPU's to run it!!
With an 8800 you should be able to get medium to medium low.
Unless of course patch 1.06 fixes a WHOLE lot of bugs!
(If you guys don't know the original ARMA took 13 patches to finally make it playable on most PC's under $6000 :D)

Okay, let's clear some things up:-

That 8800 GTS is a 320 MB version, meaning that it is not the newer 512 MB 8800 GTS ( which is a good card ).Instead, this 320 MB pile of shit is based on the old G80 architecture and a lowly card it is.

In case it wasn't clear, don't buy it.

Finally, the 5750 is too near to the 5770's price.About the 5670, I don't get why you'd use DX11 with a budget card ...it's one of those terms like Married Bachelor that don't make any sense.Plus, how many DX11 titles are there, anyway?

you really have no idea what you are talking about do you?

The 320-bit 8800GTS is a very good card. The 256-bit one is only a small improvement over it, unless your resolution is freaking huge (1920x1080 or more makes a difference) Either way, it's not really worth paying more unless the difference is $10 or less. For $55, you wil not find anything better.

The reason I mentioned 5750 is because Newegg keeps running them extremely cheap (I got mine for $130) which makes it well worth it. It can also overclock about the same as a 5770, which makes the difference tiny. Either way, its about 10% less in benches. Not bad when it costs $40 less.

DX11 is not big yet, but all the major developers are transitioning to it. Very soon, it will be implemented in most games (maybe not a few console ports, but still, they're console ports...) It is well worth it if you are spending $100 or more on a video card. The reason I brought up the 5670 is because for its price, it's an OK performer (floors a GT 240) and it will have that support for the newest games in DX11. Look up the Heaven benchmark in DX11 vs. DX10, and you will see why it is worth it. Epic tesselation, among other things. Plus a lot of developers are releasing the DX11 with only DX11 and 9. No DX10, because they wan to keep things simpler. Who wants to play the newest games in DX9?

/rant

EDIT: I just looked at screenshots of ARMA II. It appears that all your resources are bring hogged by the epic 3 dimensional grass. If you turn that off, the rest of the game won't be a problem.

EDIT: I just looked at screenshots of ARMA II. It appears that all your resources are bring hogged by the epic 3 dimensional grass. If you turn that off, the rest of the game won't be a problem.

Game is crap optimized also.
It's made by Bohemia Interactive, not well known, not much cash :(
It's VERY funn just yeah..
So many bugs.
Hey when you get that PC download the ARMA II demo, and whatever you get in terms of performance there, expect about a 10-20% increase in the real game once the patches are applied.

Hmmmm.... I could test the demo on my 5750 and let you know how it works.

Going to try that.

Downloading. Bandwidth is capped at 800 KB/s but it'll get there eventually.

I've decided to test on my brother's 5770 because the test system is a Phenom 9750, and the demo doesn't have the latest patches, so it will be faster with the real game. What I get should be about the same performance as the OP's system with a 5750.

EDIT: so ummm my brother managed to kill his Windows installation with even more viruses (i cleaned 400 out 2 weeks ago) and the whole system is corrupt, and I still am without a PSU, so I guess I can't help you (sorry :( )

lol, I'm on it. Wanted a good excuse for getting the demo anyway

EDIT HOLY COW!!! Steam is letting DL at 1.5mbs. AWESOME
EDIT 2: Now its 2mbs. Gotta love cable broadband
EDIT 3: In normal settings, 62 fps avg.
In high settings, 45 fps avg.
In very high settings, 22 fps avg. AA very high killed my framerates. HD 5770 took care of this pretty well. Crap game in my opinion. If the real thing is anything like this demo it's gonna suck.

Back
Top Bottom