Suspension 3D Model

superman22x

Golden Master
Working on this for a class. You might notice that it's not too functional, lol, nor is it complete. But it's what we need for our project. We are supposed to design an autonomous robot, and part of it is to model the entire thing. Our is basically a fire extinguisher that can go off on it's own with a hose attached into a building or into the woods. About the size of an ATV, which is also what I based the suspension off of.
suspensionassembly.jpg

Looks nice, but what are you doing about the torsional forces between the two axles if a wheel hit a big rock or something? Looks like it could shear some of those pieces in half.

Looks nice, but what are you doing about the torsional forces between the two axles if a wheel hit a big rock or something? Looks like it could shear some of those pieces in half.
Yeah, I know, I'm not good enough to model all that though. I would have done a four link, coil over dual shock design if I wanted what I imagine would be good. I kept it somehwhat simple since I only have about a week to model the entire robot.

This ones NX5, is it a lot different from what you use?

The fun part is, the axles can move, shocks work, and the axles can spin. But the program really hogs resources while doing that, and the shocks can come apart, still need to fix that I think, lol.

Yeah, I know, I'm not good enough to model all that though. I would have done a four link, coil over dual shock design if I wanted what I imagine would be good. I kept it somehwhat simple since I only have about a week to model the entire robot.

I see. Still really nice CAD work.

thanks man, it's a lot of fun really. I wish I had some more freetime to mess around with it. I might try and make a more complicated part sometime instead of a bunch of simple ones. I have to make rims and tires for this one tomorrow, and add some reinforcement to the frame piece.

Yeah, my 3D work couldn't be manufactured, whereas work in those programs could

Oh, ok, how does yours work to create parts? This one uses sketches and then you extrude the sketch, or you can make primatives and features like blocks and cones and simple stuff.

Yours uses Nurbs which are far more accurate than modeling using sub division polygon techniques.

Back
Top Bottom