My professor screwed me over.

rohan23

Fully Optimized
So, I have a professor who is very religious. The first day of class we introduced ourselves. She talked about her faith in "god" and how she believed he was the creator and reason for everything. I had a midterm two days ago and it was basic questions about psychology.

Examples:

Why did [this psychologist] believe in this?
Why does this happen when you drink?
What causes this to happen to you when you do this?

I was confused on a few of the questions so I put the reasons down as "god" creating everything to act like that. She marked them down as wrong. I find that to be really messed up when she pretty much gave a speech about her belief and how he created everything and is the reason for everything happening.

Have you told her that was your reasoning for putting down those answers? I can understand you venting, but it's not going to change the fact that she marked them wrong. You have to go to her and make this a point. That's if you feel it's necessary.

Have you told her that was your reasoning for putting down those answers? I can understand you venting, but it's not going to change the fact that she marked them wrong. You have to go to her and make this a point. That's if you feel it's necessary.

Yes. I told her that I remembered from the first day of class when she told us that "god" created everything and is the reason for everything to be the way it is.

Q:Why does melatonin make you sleepy?
A: Melatonin makes you sleepy because "god" created it to do that.

I find it to be a bit hypocritical.

Because you are supposed to follow what your book says...

I was just following the teachings of the Bible.

You can argue however much you want, I doubt she will change your grade. Putting "God" as an answer is absolutely incorrect, unless it directly relates to "God".

While I don't follow the bible, I will say that this is a VERY touchy subject.

How can you separate one's beliefs from one's excuse? It's very hard for a professor to do so. And don't take offense to that, just imagine if all somebody had to say was "it's my belief", people could get away with saying whatever the heck they wanted. Sometimes you've just got to play the game and here, the game might be putting down answers you don't necessarily agree with.

Hell, we allow "honor killing" in America because "It's their belief".

I'm not saying someone should be able to claim "it's their belief" or "God made it that way" on a test or even in a much more eminent situation and expect to get it right or get away with it, respectively. But I'm just making a small point.

Yes. I told her that I remembered from the first day of class when she told us that "god" created everything and is the reason for everything to be the way it is.

Q:Why does melatonin make you sleepy?
A: Melatonin makes you sleepy because "god" created it to do that.

I find it to be a bit hypocritical.

I was just following the teachings of the Bible.

I really doubt the reason for melatonin making you sleepy is in the Bible... Especially saying "Because God made it that way"...

I am a Christian and believe God made things the way they are, that doesn't make the answer "Because God made it that way" specifically correct. The answer needs to be in the scientific form of how melatonin makes you sleepy...

Rohan she didn't screw you over.. You were being a smart ass..
On the first day everyone introduces themselves and tells a little about them. That usually has nothing to do with the course.
For you to put down "God" for an answer is insulting to your professor and demeaning to your image with everyone that reads this or knows about it.

But of course God made you this way, so God help us and everyone that has to deal with your bull crap on what ever you deem "wrong".

Back
Top Bottom