Random Chit Chat

Teny will you elaborate a little on that? I am interested in that. Like what's this VIP stuff?

I don't think I have the collectors edition, but mine did come with a second disc that had more cars on it or something that I installed...that's not it is it?

This was my copy I got: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103130

The second disc is a mandatory install for cars and tracks. I think you are not able to buy all the cars in the store, there are a few that you will see that you are not able to buy. I think the cars are
2008 Aston Martin DBS
2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
2007 Ferrari F430 Scuderia
2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)

These are only obtainable if you are in the VIP status (which costs 800 MS points = $10). Along with the VIP membership, you get exclusive access and visibility in the “Forza Motorsport” community, receive special recognition on scoreboards, multiplayer lobbies, ForzaMotorsport.net, the “Forza Motorsport 3” Storefront, and it places your VIP auctions at the top of the “Forza Motorsport 3” Auction House .

The 3 others that were included in the Collector's edition were some track packs (400 MS points each = $5, 1200 MS points total = $15),which I think you have to DL IIRC. They are the
Sidewinder Proving Grounds Track Pack (updated classic Sidewinder Proving Grounds from “Forza Motorsport 2.”)
Benchmark High Speed Ring Track Pack (Benchmark High Speed Ring environment. This track pack is a veritable race day playground! Test and tune your favorite rides on the four-mile Benchmark Speedway oval or create epic Xbox LIVE multiplayer games of “Tag” and “Keep It Clean” on the massive wide-open Benchmark parking lot.)
Motorsport Legends Car Pack (Fans of classic cars will be able to collect, customize, and race 10 of the most revered roadsters: 1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale, 1964 Aston Martin DB5 Vantage, 1981 BMW Motorsport M1, 1960 Chevrolet Corvette, 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona Hemi, 1957 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa, 1980 Fiat 131 Abarth, 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400, 1971 Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R, and the 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe.)

I think the size for those DLC are about 400-500mb. I would check, but the 360 is no longer in my room.

There's a lot more than that though. Have you look at the XBL DLs for it? There's a crap ton. And they are all a lot of points. I don't get. I buy the game and then they "offer" me the chance to BUY more sh*t that's part of the same game I just bought? Stupid if you ask me. Gah. /rant.

The 5 cars I am talking about are already in the game, it's not a DLC. If you look at the store, you will see you can't get those 5 cars. As for the DLC that are in the marketplace, those cars doesn't show up unless you DL them, so those won't bother me.
I would have only paid $3 for a DLC car pack because I got an 400 points for $3. But I gave that away. Also, I am in the rewards program where I already have 100 points, and if I buy something off the marketplace as my first time, I get an additional 100 points, so my next DLC car pack will also be half off.

At least Turn 10 isn't doing what Capcom do, they charge you for the additional content that are already on the disc.

Back
Top Bottom