Motherboard

zachispro2

Beta member
My mom gave me a systemax venture and the processor runs at 3 GHZ but the motherboard is outdated and i wanted to put a new one in because the motherboard does not accept newer graphics card so im gonna upgrade it with a new motherboard and more ram i don't need a super gaming motherboard or anything like that and i'm also on a budget so i was looking at this one on tiger direct so i was looking for some feedback
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4316659&Sku=P450-9124

I dont know much about motherboards, but that one looks really cool and is half the price of mine, wish i wouldve payed more attention when i was building mine.

Just make sure your RAM is compatible.

is the cpu you have now a socket 775...? is your memory DDR2 or DDR...? an exact model number on the systemax system would be nice, then we could see what we're working with...

allright i'll check when i get home today

the model number is SYX-P5GZ-MX
with an intel pentium D running at 3.0GHZ
32 bit operating system and 2 gigs of ram and could you tell me what ram is the best or most cost efficient to buy or where to get it or if it even matters

and is it better to get ram that is cheaper but more total or nicer ram of a lesser amount say like 120 for 6gb or 100 for 4gb and all i could find with tiger directs memory configurator was that the highest compatible memory upgrade they had was 4gb could i add four gb or would that only bring me to 4gb

Back
Top Bottom