4gb ddr3 memory
windows 7 home premium 64 bit fresh install
nvidia geforce g210m

i was looking at buy a lenovo with:
230 gig hdd 7200 rpm
core i7 820QM cpu 1.7 ghz 8mb cache
3gb ddr3 memory
nVidia Geforce GT 240M graphic card with 1GB memory

i use my laptop right now for mainly multitasking with multiple programs running, internet, and a little bit of gaming. i don't need a crazy good graphics card. i only game everynow and then. games like portal and cs and crysis. if i were to upgrade would it be worth it? would startup time be shorter? would programs launch faster?

thank you everyone!!!

ps this site owns.

i forgot to say i also use it to watch movies and dl movies and games and music. i watch movies on the go.

It's a good upgrade, but like foothead said, buying it would just be throwing money out the window. You could probably survive with 4-7FPS less.

would it become cheaper in like june or something? because i might wait for the price to come down, but by that time there will probably be a core i9 or something better.

i have the money. what do you guys think i should do??

Don't waste the money on something you won't need.

A core i9 is going to cost a freaking fortune, and it won't really benefit gaming a lot. Go with the 955 and a better GPU, unless you already have a really good one. This will get you a much bigger performance increase.

ok. so basically what i asking is should i A buy a new laptop right now or B wait and save my money for the next best laptop to come out??

Back
Top Bottom