Help a troop out

ke35096

Beta member

Hey guys, my name is kell and im stationed in Iraq. It took it 6 weeks to get here but I just got my brand new ASUS g72x. it doesn't take away from the system but it will be a slight annoyance to me. It comes with 2 internal 500gb HDDs, BUT there split into 4x 250.why they did this I have not a clue. Is there any way I can remove the partition without having to reinstall windows?

oh quick add in, its on windows 7 64 bit, dont know if that would make a diff

Yes. Download a gparted liveCD, erase the unused partition, then expand the windows one over the entire disk with the resize tool.
Be sure to image your OS first in case anything goes wrong.

just humor me on this one.... whats the chances of something going wrong?

and i dont have anything to lose on it just yet. lol i havent stored anything on yet. i just dont have the time to do a clean install i work too damn much

It kinda depends. I have had it go wrong on me once out of about ten times I have resized partitions, but that was on shrinking one when it messed up. Expanding it should be better.

Download Norton Ghost and use it to create a backup of your OS first. That way, if something does go wrong, you will have a way to recover. The 30 day trial will work since you only need to image it once.

EDIT: If it came with an OS disk, this will not be necessary. You could just reinstall from that if it fails.

just humor me on this one.... whats the chances of something going wrong?

and i dont have anything to lose on it just yet. lol i havent stored anything on yet. i just dont have the time to do a clean install i work too damn much
I think there is a very high chance of it not working correctly on Windows 7 NTFS partitions. But you should back up your stuff and give it a try. And if it doesn't work, just reinstall Windows.

Back
Top Bottom