Help with Mic

Whyfly??

Daemon Poster
Ok so I bought a Mic, not sure what company it was just a headset for $15.
It worked GREAT before, not it won't work at all.
It just completely stopped working.
I tried plugging it into both pink outlets, nothing.
Checked it in Sound Recorder, no lines whatsoever.
Checked it in Steam, the volume thingy showing that I'm saying something randomly jumps, no help.
None of my friends can hear me.
I thought this was a Windows problem (It usually is :D)
But no, I used a different mic, and it works?!??
What's wrong with it?
Is it a complete crapshoot?
The sound on the mic works, I can use the headphones to hear but I can't speak?

EDIT:
When I plug in my mic, the little box comes up asking what I plugged in, meaning it is recognizing it, but nothing from then on.:mad:

I tried it on two computers, nothing.
Both show that it's being plugged in, but that's it.
Is it screwed?

I had similar problems so I went out and bought this headset that is USB and is relatively inexpensive. Only $50 and for the past year no problems at all.

I take it my microphone is trash then?
Ughh $50 :(
I'll try to find something cheaper, trying to hold back on spending :)

I don't think $50 is too terrible for a headset like that. It has its own soundcard and is quite comfortable. I use nearly every day for the past 8 months and no problems yet.

It does seem your mic may be gone now =[

I don't think $50 is too terrible for a headset like that. It has its own soundcard and is quite comfortable. I use nearly every day for the past 8 months and no problems yet.

It does seem your mic may be gone now =[

Alright I'll see how much snow I can shovel :(
My mic only lasted like less then a month, ughh.
Maybe I'll be able to return it :)

You're gonna need to get a new headset, after awhile they just don't work. I had that same problem you did. You can get a decent one for $20. Look on Newegg. Don't go with any USB mics...

Don't skimp on price on headsets. My brother got a cheap one and it died not long after, got another cheap one and the same thing. If you keep buying cheap ones they will last you a month or 2 and end up costing more than 1 expensive one...

Alright guys, thanks :)
Haha I might not even buy one for now.
Cause I got a crap Logitech that came with my webcam, its been working fine for like two years now lmao! So I use the Mic on that and use the headphones on my headset. Haha it looks funny, but it works for now :)

I like USB headsets for home personal use because they have nice settings you can adjust, but one that plugs in the pink and green inputs are nice to use when going somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom