Pci

Looks like its an AM3. Get the DFI DK 790FXB-M2RSH and you will get x16/x8/x8 unless you can find a version of the 790FXB-M3H5 that supports AM2+.

EDIT: DFI is actually pretty good. They are known for their OC ability because their voltages go to like 2.1 now.

ya, i'll have to look around for that version.

Though for now i'll keep that MSI in my mind unless i come across something better...

Suppose with a 4850 OC (5870EF eventually), 8800Physx, the MSI board, and that PSU, i shouldnt have any issues, bottle necks, or required upgrades any time soon for a few years. Wouldnt you say?

i love working on this kind of stuff.... just the shits so expensive, id rather do it right this time around then screwn myself over with like i did the first time with one PCIE slot ect lol

FOUND ONE!!!!

3-way CrossFire at x16/x16/x4 bandwidth

DFI DK 790FX-M2RS Newegg no longer has it, but I'm sure I could find it somewhere else.
*googling*

lol nice find!

with that MSI, Corsair PSU, 8800GT (off NE) it comes to 340$
not bad for the extra upgrade options and power i'd get out of it.

EDIT: that bored dosnt work with 1066DDR2 lol?

8800GT on newegg, or the other parts? Get the eBay one or the overstock.com one for folding/physics. The extra VRAM will be useless.

ya, but i cant get it right now, i can always check ebay later

Well, when i get to the point of ordering this stuff, i'll be sure to post a thread to get your input Foothead lol

Im pretty into folding... my gram has cancer an my pap died from Alzheimer, so if theres anything to do to help find a cure, im there.

Thanks for all the help~

oh ok then. That overstock one has been there for quite a while.

EDIT: DDR2 1066 will work, it just isn't officially supported. You might have to go into the BIOS and fix the frequency/timings/voltage to make it work.

Back
Top Bottom