Pci

550W should be ok, assuming they quoted sustainable power.

Without knowing how it's distributed, I'd be a little uneasy with only 2x18A, but you should be ok. Again, assuming they quoted sustainable power.

edit: I need to refresh more...

That corsair is more than enough.

NICE

Awesome price too. Consider the cheaper 8800 as incentive to buy it lol.

lol ya.

but this is a work in progress upgrade that probably wolnt be for awhile.

this is my plan...

Get that PSU, get a 8800GT/S card for folding\physx, and this mobo perhaps. Atleast both cards would be in 2.0

i dont foresee my CPU to get bottle necked anytime soon, or my ram. and if down the road i'll just get a bigger main GPU to replace my 4850.

save my current PSU, Mobo, and get a cheep dual core AMD3 cpu with some cheep ram, use my old DVD drive, an put it in my old case and an IDE drive i have, an bam! cheep HTPC/server

So the way i see it, if i can spring 400$ for that mobo, 8800, PSU, i have pretty good way to upgrade in the future, and also have made a HTPC from current and spare parts.

sounds like a good deal to me?

EDIT!!
wrong mobo....wait a sec

that'll do.

There really isn't much of a point in buying an AM3 mobo and DDR3 for the performance boost though. It will be tiny.

The 8800GTS has 96SPs with 500MHz core, while the 8800GT has 112 with 600MHz core. If you are buying a mobo with two x16 slots, you will have to weigh these differences with the cost and VRAM amount/interface.

You sure you want an SLI mobo? You can SLI on a crossfire one, but not vice versa.

Your mobo only supports DDR2 though.

That one does support crossfire, but IIRC, the 770 can only do x16/x4, which only works well for a main card and a physX, or extra card like what you are trying to do. It will perform poorly with crossfire. Go for 790X. x16/x16.

i know it only supports DDR2, but i dont see any need for higher speed ram then my 1066 OCd to 1100.

i seriously cant find a friggen mobo that supports AM2+/AM3 (so i can get an AM3 proc down the road) and support Crossfire with at least 2 slots at x16 and another PCIE slot for a physics card...
also for it to have Audio Optical Out, would be a bonus, but not a super must.

this way i dont have to worry about getting another mobo down the road a few years from now...

nice board ;)

Back
Top Bottom