W00T!!! more ATI cards

I hope when these come out that the 5850/70 drop in price. or the gtx 275's even. My video card is my weakspot. and my cpu cooler, stock ftl

Well I said I would keep y'all posted. Here are two custom PCB cards being released by ATIs manufacturers.

First: Powercolor HD 5770 Eyefinity5.
PowerColor launches 5770 Eyefinity 5 card

But can you afford the displays to go with it?
March 18, 2010

FOR THOSE OF you that are looking for an affordable card to power five displays, look no further, as PowerColor has announced its new Eyefinity5 HD5770 graphics card which as the name suggests, will handle five displays, unlike the Eyefinity 6 cards which work with six.

Although the new 5770 card from PowerColor is targeting gamers, we can see quite a few business users eyeing this card, as it's a fair bit cheaper than going with specialized multi-screen solutions. We're not quite sure how useful a 5770 is for a multi-screen scenario mixed with 3D graphics, as the GPU doesn't quite have the grunt to handle that many high-resolution displays....

source

And how could I forget XFX's 4GB 5970, space heater edition?

End-users likely know by now that both ASUS and Sapphire are hard at work plotting the formal introduction of their respective overpowered HD 5970 graphics cards. ASUS will be introducing the Republic of Gamers (RoG) Ares 4GB HD 5970, whereas Sapphire will challenge its rival with its own 4GB version of the dual-GPU card. Eager to add to the pressure, and to take advantage of enthusiasts' hunger for bleeding-edge graphics, XFX has decided to also join the fray with its own model, known as the XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition 4GB.

The folks over at Tweakers.net seem to have managed to get their hands on a few pictures of the upcoming beast. Unlike the fancy Ares or the triple-fan-using Sapphire card, however, this creature seems to be content with only a mild departure from the reference model, as far as appearance is concerned at least.

Of course, when it comes to specifications, the card is hardly faithful to the original. While the dual-GPU construction remains, the two graphics processing units will be clocked at 850MHz and will each have 2GB of their own GDDR5 memory to exploit. This memory will be operating at 4800MHz and two 8-pin connectors will be used to supply the card with enough power...

Seriously, look at the pictures...

XFX-Joins-4GB-HD-5970-Bandwagon-2.jpg

XFX-Joins-4GB-HD-5970-Bandwagon-3.jpg

^ Note the monitor connections. I want this card, to put on water.

It looks like something a four year old made in photoshop. Do they really expect that reference-style fan in the middle to cool anything this long?

source

^ :eek:

Come to think of it, there was a test in another thread that showed the 5970 bottlenecking an i7 and a Phenom II pretty bad...maybe these new monsters will alleviate that somewhat once the prices come down?

How did I forget the MSI R5870 Lightning? I bet Nvidia is pissing their pants in fear of this thing right now.

Shopping for a high-end videocard? Then you've probably been scoping out ATI's Radeon HD 5870, the fastest single-GPU card on the planet. Adding to the hype (deserved, mind you), MSI has just announced its R5870 Lightening graphics card, the only HD 5870 "built to be perfect."

Already a killer card, it's not like the HD 5870 needs a whole lot of marketing jargon or performance enhancements, but MSI took the liberty anyway, and we're not complaining. Just as we're prone to get a little bit giddy over a decked out motherboard, MSI zeroed in on premium parts in constructing its R5870.

To begin with, there's the 15-phase (13+2) power supply design, an industry first according to MSI, and a decent upgrade compared to the 7-phase (5+2) design found on reference cards. This helps provide the GPU with more power, which is also aided by two 8-pin power connectors. This is capped off by a dedicated LPL (Lightning Power Layer) design, which MSI claims helps increase stability and reduce noise.

Overclockers and enthusiasts alike will also appreciate the inclusion of Hi-c capacitors, which supposedly offers up to 8-times the lifespan of most traditional solid-state caps, lower temperatures, and better transmission efficiency. Technical jargon aside, these should, in theory, result in better overclocking headroom.

As is typical with MSI's Lightning series graphics cards, the R5870 comes equipped with the company's Twin Frozr II heatsink with dual 8cm PWM fans and 8mm heatpipes (or SuperPipes, as MSI likes to call them).

MSI_R5870_PCB.jpg

MSI_R5870.jpg

Source

Review

^ :eek:

Come to think of it, there was a test in another thread that showed the 5970 bottlenecking an i7 and a Phenom II pretty bad...maybe these new monsters will alleviate that somewhat once the prices come down?

Not really, there are only 1500 being made, and they will cost $1000 each.

Ahhh yes, here is one more, just announced by ASUS. The HD 5870 Matrix, featuring 2GB GDDR5.

ASUS has definitely been active lately, having launched or previewed not just a significant collection of new motherboards but also a range of graphics cards meant for the enthusiast market. The 4GB Ares dual-GPU HD 5970 and the 2GB ROG HD 5870 Matrix are not exactly unknown, considering that they were actually showcased at CeBIT or revealed through other means, but their specs haven't exactly been completely disclosed either. Now that the unspecified release date seems to be approaching, however, the company has decided to at least send out some photos of the 2GB creature.

Hardware Canucks reports that they managed to get their hands on some close-up photos of the ASUS HD 5870 Matrix. It seems that the card will be the newest and most powerful version of the custom-made Radeon HD 5870. As such, the graphics processing unit will operate at 890-900Mhz and the 2GB GDDR5 will have a frequency of 4.8Gbps (4800MHz). The amount of memory, which is double compared to the reference card, is enabled by 16 GDDR5 modules, 8 on the front and 8 on the back of the PCB.

Source

ASUS-Hands-out-Photos-of-HD-5870-Matrix-and-New-5870-3.jpg

ASUS-Hands-out-Photos-of-HD-5870-Matrix-and-New-5870-4.jpg

YAY BACKPLATE!!!

Back
Top Bottom