Need help picking out a vcard

It's a shame I can't really do justin.tv broadcasts anymore, I probably could have eventually gotten someone to donate somethin'.

amp flux. ---> kaput. afaik, they don't use SeaSonic as their OEM. I have come to love products built off of SeaSonic OEM's. Like Corsair. Strangely, the psu's that SeaSonic sells suck for quality and have a higher failure rate. But the reference models they supply to companies that are resold are excellent.

I have no idea where you get this but it makes absolutely no sense at all, why would a company give away their best psus as OEM models for other companies to slap their name on and charge more for, then sell their left over subpar psus with their own name on it...? it makes no sense, google "seasonic psu reviews" and you'll also see that what you typed makes no sense as ALL the reviews I read were positive (after the 5th or 6th one I stopped) and had nothing bad to say, reviews by professional psu testers and the money of a lot of enthusiasts contradict your claim, got anything to back it up...?

Was just thinkin, can't I just overclock my mx440? It will currently run WoW at lowest settings but with a terrible framerate still. I can tolerate the poor settings if it ran at a nice framerate. Everything in my system runs far below average temperature (gpu being 29c, cores being 23c, 23c).

I've never overclocked anything before, but now might be a good time, you know, test it on a crappy guinea pig before I get a good rig. I'm youtubing how to do it, if anyone has any extra important info that's often left out, or extra hints, anything, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Apparently I need the latest drivers, but the drivers for the mx440 dont support vista :( I assume this means there's no way to overclock my gpu now?

I have no idea where you get this but it makes absolutely no sense at all, why would a company give away their best psus as OEM models for other companies to slap their name on and charge more for, then sell their left over subpar psus with their own name on it...? it makes no sense, google "seasonic psu reviews" and you'll also see that what you typed makes no sense as ALL the reviews I read were positive (after the 5th or 6th one I stopped) and had nothing bad to say, reviews by professional psu testers and the money of a lot of enthusiasts contradict your claim, got anything to back it up...?

Based on reviews I've seen and other people I know. You need to chill out; I didn't attack anyone. I simply expressed what I've seen of them. I could tell you that DiabloTek PSU's aren't that great either, but you may know 10 or 15 people that have had an excellent experience with them. Me, personally, have known a number of people with not such a great experience with SeaSonic's.

If you want to press the issue further - PM me.

[/OFFTOPIC]

I even looked at PCI cards and the cheapest I could find on TDCA was an ATI Rage 128, which the MX440 would (I'm sure) beat out.

I always though Seasonic was one of the more highly-regarded PSU manufacturers too. I guess it's possible that quality control is getting looser.

Sure, go for overclocking. It's not like the thing is worth any money. Try rivatuner.

There's a top and a bottom "Customize" button on the main menu, the bottom one doesn't work, and according to this youtube video, if the bottom one doesn't work, then I have to use nTune instead. nTune for some reason isn't letting me overclock, the option just isn't there.

*edit* Can someone tell me how to overclock? I've looked at about 13 youtube videos and NONE of them can speak proper english, or speak loudly enough. I can't understand what they're saying, and they have the cam fixed on their cursor so the camera flies all over the place.

I can learn programming languages, cooking recipes, large programs and other things from youtube tutorials but for whatever reason, there doesn't seem to be a single overclocking tutorial from someone who can SPEAK properly.

I always though Seasonic was one of the more highly-regarded PSU manufacturers too. I guess it's possible that quality control is getting looser.

no it's not getting looser, and there's no need for me to "chill" and take it to pm because I wasn't upset or even disrespectful, some people here think that you're attacking them if you disagree and ask for proof besides "I think this", hardly, this is what the forums are for, discussion, if you don't want to be called out for anything ridiculous then don't post it or be prepared to back it up, people post a lot of opinions on here as fact, and since people come here for advice that's just irresponsible...

here are numerous reviews I've seen that contradict GoH's assumptions from hearsay, probably from people who had no idea what they were doing, because there are links posted these are more factual than the opinions posted earlier...

S12-430

X-750

S12 500w

M12D-750

X series 650

X series 750w

notice how none of these are infamous Newegg reviews...? these are reviews from professionals whose job it is to test psus, and the list literally goes on, and on, and on...

questioning the quality of Seasonic psus is equivalent to questioning the quality of the high end Corsair and Antec models, it's ridiculous, but some people on here just can't admit when they're wrong...

Seasonic psus are right up there with the high end Corsair and Antec models, I'm waiting to see all these negative reviews about Seasonic psus, my guess is that we won't see any...

no it's not getting looser, and there's no need for me to "chill" and take it to pm because I wasn't upset or even disrespectful, some people here think that you're attacking them if you disagree and ask for proof besides "I think this", hardly, this is what the forums are for, discussion, if you don't want to be called out for anything ridiculous then don't post it or be prepared to back it up, people post a lot of opinions on here as fact, and since people come here for advice that's just irresponsible...

here are numerous reviews I've seen that contradict GoH's assumptions from hearsay, probably from people who had no idea what they were doing, because there are links posted these are more factual than the opinions posted earlier...

S12-430

X-750

S12 500w

M12D-750

X series 650

X series 750w

notice how none of these are infamous Newegg reviews...? these are reviews from professionals whose job it is to test psus, and the list literally goes on, and on, and on...

questioning the quality of Seasonic psus is equivalent to questioning the quality of the high end Corsair and Antec models, it's ridiculous, but some people on here just can't admit when they're wrong...

Seasonic psus are right up there with the high end Corsair and Antec models, I'm waiting to see all these negative reviews about Seasonic psus, my guess is that we won't see any...

As helpful as you've been in this topic... You did come off as pretty hostile and defensive for that particular case. Just sayin... A little less aggression will avoid conflict.

If nTune and rivatuner don't work, I would say your card doesn't et you overclock.

Yeah, apparently the reason the bottom customize button doesn't work is because I don't have an up-to-date driver. I don't see what's wrong with the top customize button, it looks exactly the same as the bottom one, but whatever, I just won't tamper with it.

**edit**

Can someone tell me if the Radeon 9000 64MB is better than a geforce 4mx440? I found the radeon for $5. I also found a Sapphire ATI Radeon X1650 Pro 512MB for $40. This is from a local trade site, so there is no shipping or taxes whatsoever. I think the x1650 would be great for WoW, but I'm unsure if my psu can handle it. I know it isn't super new by any means but still, my psu seems to be the weakest part of my system.

Back
Top Bottom