Switch processors between two computers

Felixander

Beta member
i was wondering if it was possible to switch the processor from one computer to another. would it work or not. im thinking there might be a problem with the fact that the motherboards are diff and there are completely different computers to start with. they are both intel pentium 4 so they should switch thought. correct? please help.

Depending on the socket type and the amount of wattage drawn by the CPU but that probably won't be an issue. Also depends on if the motherboard supports a higher CPU, but it likely will.

Post the motherboard models or any other information that you may have that will lead to finding out the socket type. Also what is the reason that you would like to do this?

And welcome to ComputerForums!

i opened them up and i pulled out the cpu's and there are distinctly different. one is bigger than the other and one has pins while the other doesn't. the reason i was thinking of doing this was because i have two computers; both have problems but they are different problems. even though they are different i figured i could take the good out of both to make a completely different one.

Back
Top Bottom