Headphone output

salami

Beta member
Hello everybody

There are two questions that I would like to ask actually.

1) I broke the headphone output from my laptop:mad: :eek: :cool: :( .... That s a Packard Bell laptop
Is it paying off to go and replace the headphone output or is it better buying a new simple usb audio interface ?
2) If I buy an audio interface will the microphone input from my laptop still work?

Thanx all for your time

Thanx a lot for your quick answer .

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Any suggestions for a usb interface please?

Is something like this a proper buy?
MIDITECH AUDIOFACE II.
I mean I only need it to listen to music and use the other built in microphone as mentioned for my work at the same time.
Any other suggestions will be good
Thanx again

Hello again

I actually bought a new usb audio interface but the problem is now that the microphone from the onboard card is not working at all.... Is there a solution to this matter? I can t find how to use the microphone from the onboard card at the same time with the audio interface. I am using windows 7...

Thanx in advance

You won't have much luck running two audio drivers at the same time. Very few will co-operate and some new drivers simply won't allow other drivers in at all.

The best thing to do is to get a USB audio interface that has microphone pre-amps. This will also mean buying a microphone as well unless there's a USB audio interface out there with a built-in mic like the Apogee ONE but thats Mac only.

Back
Top Bottom