Need help picking out a vcard

tsk, tsk Foothead. You gotta read the thread, lol. That was why I said to just get a low power GPU now to hold him over for 3 or so months. No sense in buying a GPU that will cost more, and barely fit under the load regulations.

Yes, but I've since decided that rather than REPLACING the gpu, I will just buy an additional 4830 and dual card it.

Would it be okay if I still used my 300w, but ran everything on lower settings so as not to make the card go crazy? Or does it have nothing to do with the amount of strain you put on it? Cause I wouldn't mind running things on lower settings, as long as I get a nice framerate, and knowing something better is on the way will help me deal with the settings.

amp flux. ---> kaput. afaik, they don't use SeaSonic as their OEM. I have come to love products built off of SeaSonic OEM's. Like Corsair. Strangely, the psu's that SeaSonic sells suck for quality and have a higher failure rate. But the reference models they supply to companies that are resold are excellent.

I would never trust any video card that has a value over like $20 to a dell psu.

*facepalm* so what do I do? I mean, it ran the 8600gt for 3 years, and I'm positive that it wasn't the psu that fried it (I've fried a gpu with a poor psu before).

I'm up to $62 now. (Lame how I have to count like this, I feel like a 10 year old saving up for a bike)

lol.

Ultra LS350 @ TD-CA

Excellent power supply; Excellent price.

But again, this falls back to "not wanting to buy more than 50 dollars of part to hold me over for 3 months". Once more, going back to "buy a cheap GPU for now, upgrade the whole thing later" Skimping on parts for long term is like throwing stones in your own glass house.

Buying a power supply now really would be pointless, since that actually WILL be replaced soon. By the time I get the money that's coming to me, save enough to get the psu and gpu, and wait for them to get here, I will pretty much be ready to put my money down on the new system.

Hell, even the 7200GS costs 46 dollars in CAD. Tbh, it might just be your best bet to stick with your current card. I know it sucks, but there is no point in buying a GPU to hold you over that costs too much. And no point in buying a cheaper PSU to accomodate a card that is still going to act as a card to "hold you over".

I had to run my rig on a Radeon x600 for a number of months because all my money was loaned out for bills for a number of months. Then I finally bought my GTS250. RIGHT before the first big snowstorm hit. You better believe I got expedited shipping (next day air).

Hell, even the 7200GS costs 46 dollars in CAD. Tbh, it might just be your best bet to stick with your current card. I know it sucks, but there is no point in buying a GPU to hold you over that costs too much. And no point in buying a cheaper PSU to accomodate a card that is still going to act as a card to "hold you over".

I had to run my rig on a Radeon x600 for a number of months because all my money was loaned out for bills for a number of months. Then I finally bought my GTS250. RIGHT before the first big snowstorm hit. You better believe I got expedited shipping (next day air).

The 4830 wouldn't just "hold me over". Once I bought my new rig, I would buy a second 4830 and dual card it, so buying one now would not be a waste at all.

But I do agree about waiting, I'll just deal with the geforce4 mx440 I guess, or see if any of my friends have some old piece of garbage laying around that I can have (almost anything is better than this).

Back
Top Bottom