Need help picking out a vcard

if he knows so little about the warranty I doubt it's been registered, and IIRC in most cases you only have but so long to register the card, anyway he needs a card OMFGNOW!!!11!1!11!!1!!!1!!!!...

which brings us to this 4550 for $53 (Canadian) shipped, which curb stomps his current card but may come up a bit short compared to his old 8600GT, but it's only $3 (Canadian) over his limit and he get's $5 USD back with the rebate...

I'm out, this thread is waaaaay too long for picking a $50 card (Canadian or US dollars)...

Actually, this card you mentioned looks to be the best choice so far.

And as far as the thread goes, picking out a higher end card should have LESS discussion, since there are no boundaries. With this, there is a lot of criteria to follow and therefore requires more discussion. The tighter the budget, the harder it is to pick out a card.

So now I just need to decide between this, another 8600gt, or wait and save up another $33 somehow and go with the XFX. It wouldn't be so bad if newegg.ca actually had an 8600gt, but only the .com has it. The .ca says it's unavailable, and tigerdirect is pricier. boo-urns.

Some will take it back if you can come up with a copy of the invoice.

This was a prebuilt dell pc, I didn't buy the card on its own.

Tbh, you should settle for the cheapest card you can get (7200GS, etc) since you plan on replacing the entire system in ~3 months anyways?

When you build a new computer, you put it as a second video card dedicated for PhysX (game physics in games that support it) Its really awesome, and its better than binning old cards or selling them for next to nothing.

Hmmmm.. Never heard of a game utilizing a second video card, but that's not a bad idea, now I don't feel so bad about spending a little more on a card.

Think I'm gonna wait and save up that $83 then for the xfx, what do you think?

*edit* now that I think about it, I really don't think I'll be playing any games that utilize PhysX, the only games I see myself playing in the near future are MMOs, Starcraft 2 and Dragon Age. Are there any other advantages to having a second video card?

Oh. You could crossfire but the 4650 is NOT a good card to do so with.

Crossfire divides GPU usage up between two video cards, giving you about 60-80% higher framerates depending on which cards. It needs to be the same model card though, or t least similar.

I recommend saving for a used HD 4830. Then add a second 4830 when you rebuild.

Used ones typically run $70-90.

Oh. You could crossfire but the 4650 is NOT a good card to do so with.

Crossfire divides GPU usage up between two video cards, giving you about 60-80% higher framerates depending on which cards. It needs to be the same model card though, or t least similar.

I recommend saving for a used HD 4830. Then add a second 4830 when you rebuild.

I see. Would 2x 4830s run better than 1x 5770?

Really.... I was expecting you to say no. The only downside I guess is no dx11.

I feel way better about this, knowing that the card I buy now not only won't go to waste, but will actually be BETTER than my original goal. Corn helped me pick out a system a few weeks ago and the psu is like 850w, I would assume these can run on it. I'd better check to see if the mobo has 2 slots, but since we were picking out some high-end stuff, I would assume it does.

Back
Top Bottom