Ready for something other than Windows

've used Ubuntu. It's decent enough.

What else ya got?

Also, I'd really like to join it to a Windows Domain, because yes I may get bored at work from time to time...
You can use Ubuntu to join a windows domain, as you can with any distro that supports samba (pretty much all of them!)

I know it's been said a thousand times before, but Ubuntu probably is your best bet. If you want some other non-linux ones to try then give BSD and Solaris a try - though I've only ever used them for server work.

Meh... ubuntu needs too much work when you install it. Its almost as bad as Windows. Whose idea was it to remove all the codecs?!

I jave used Debian, Fedora, SUSE, Mandrake, Slackware, DSL, puppy, and a whole lotta random distros based off those. Debian is the best IMO.

Meh... ubuntu needs too much work when you install it. Its almost as bad as Windows. Whose idea was it to remove all the codecs?!
Remove all the codecs? There are legal reasons non-free codecs aren't included. It's technically illegal to watch DVDs on Linux. A license is needed.

I just looked at debian and it comes on 5 dvds! That must be the most bloated operating system ever.

I personally have never tried it but am not motivated to wait for 20gigs to download just to test it

Back
Top Bottom