ONBOARD 7.1 SOUND 1
BLACK SAMSUNG 20X DVDRW 1
12-IN-ONE INTERNAL CARD READER 1
RAIDMAX SAGITTA II /BLACK /WIDNOW 1
BLUE COLD CATHOD LIGHT 12" 1
INTEL GIGABITE BAST-T NIC 1
ASUS P5Q PRO P45 DDR2 CROSSFIRE MB 1
WINDOWS VISTA HOME BASIC 32-BIT SP1 1

ive had this setup for almost 2 years now..where did I go wrong or right? I need to do some upgrading also..what can I upgrade? because I want my computer to go faster and run WoW on ultra settings and stuff like that.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Does that "1G DDR2 PC6400 MEMORY 2" mean there are two sticks of 1gb ram? I was thinking you only had 1 stick of 1gb there.

What's your resolution on that monitor? Your setup is similar to my g/f's setup and she plays wow on ultra settings (her res is 1280x1024)

Looks like you need a ram upgrade, it's certainly holding you back.

Unlucky for you the price of ddr2 has gone up a lot.

4gbs of ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231166&cm_re=ddr2_1066_4gb-_-20-231-166-_-Product

Unfortunately you will not utilize all of the available ram due to your 32-bit operating system and your 1gb graphics card. You're usuable ram would be somewhere around 3gb but that is still plenty.

so you suggest just getting that RAM and replace it with what I have in their now? and be good to go? someone else told me a better PSU will do the trick too.

If you have 2GB of RAM already, you're fine.

But yes, grab a better PSU. Sunbeam is pretty crappy.

If you can give a budget we'll help you find one.

so you suggest just getting that RAM and replace it with what I have in their now? and be good to go? someone else told me a better PSU will do the trick too.

I couldn't edit my post quick enough.. Your fine on ram I overlooked and thought you just had 1 stick of 1gb.

A better PSU is recommended but will not boost your performance any.

okay..im a little confused..on cyberpowerpc.com they said that i should upgrade to 4gb of ram and would recommend down the road getting a better PSU and vcard. go to the 2nd page of this link and look at this and tell me what you guys think. and my budgest is between like 50-100 for a PSU and/or RAM..as money as I big issue for me right now with no job.

Thanks guys

heres the link. ---> https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7746

EDIT: Does that "1G DDR2 PC6400 MEMORY 2" mean there are two sticks of 1gb ram? I was thinking you only had 1 stick of 1gb there.

What's your resolution on that monitor? Your setup is similar to my g/f's setup and she plays wow on ultra settings (her res is 1280x1024)

I have some of my settings turned up on wow but there is no way I could play on ultra settings without my video lagging and everything going slow. and im not home right now but im pretty sure my res is around the same as your g/f's

okay..im a little confused..on cyberpowerpc.com they said that i should upgrade to 4gb of ram and would recommend down the road getting a better PSU and vcard. go to the 2nd page of this link and look at this and tell me what you guys think. and my budgest is between like 50-100 for a PSU and/or RAM..as money as I big issue for me right now with no job.

Thanks guys

heres the link. ---> https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7746

I have some of my settings turned up on wow but there is no way I could play on ultra settings without my video lagging and everything going slow. and im not home right now but im pretty sure my res is around the same as your g/f's

your setup should be fine for what you want to do except that psu, $20 (at Xoxide) for a 580w psu...? pure garbage, that thing probably only puts out about 300w if you're lucky, replace that ASAP, there are plenty of good psus that aren't that expensive for the wattage you need, which is probably around 400w...

this 380w Antec Earthwatts would be fine for what you have, but you may want to go with more wattage if you are planning to upgrade your video card any time soon...

your setup should be fine for what you want to do except that psu, $20 (at Xoxide) for a 580w psu...? pure garbage, that thing probably only puts out about 300w if you're lucky, replace that ASAP, there are plenty of good psus that aren't that expensive for the wattage you need, which is probably around 400w...

this 380w Antec Earthwatts would be fine for what you have, but you may want to go with more wattage if you are planning to upgrade your video card any time soon...

I dont plan on upgrading my video card anytime soon. So I guess I will just be gettng that. My PSU makes this weird like humming in and out noise too whenever I have it turned on..when I first got the computer everything was quite..I have to lay my computer down sideways for it to not make some random like ticking sound or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom