Overclock question

Not gonna lie, the best you can do to get to 3.5 ghz (as i did it with my rig) is to leave everything the same and go into advanced, jumperfree config, cpu overclocking and put it in manual and set that number to 230. It'll bump you up to where I am at 3.57ghz. It should run stable...mine does.

What I did was went into cmos, advanced cpu options, and set processor frequency multiplier to X17.5 which gives me 3.5 ghz. But I cant measure core temp with the unlocked cores so I have no idea how hot it is.

for future reference, X17.5 is your multiplier, 3.5GHz is your cpu speed (frequency)...

so yall do any benchmarks to show off your OC?

my OC sucks imo, though people tell me 3.0GHz with a B3 Q6600 is actually pretty decent, I'd like to get my hands on a G0 though to push pass 3.0GHz, this chip just won't do it, I've had it up to 3.2GHz before but it wasn't stable, plus my vdroop is as high as 0.08v sometimes and there aren't any pencil mods available for my current board...

:(

I did cinebench and pcvantage. Got a nice increase but real world application is not really relevant. But when I unlocked to quad core from dual core...thats when I double my score!

I also overclocked my HD 5770 to 950mhz core and mem at 1435mhz. It's pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom