ACPI.SYS BSOD with XP!!!

burhangondal

Beta member
Hello guys/guls,

I have a Dell Studio 1558 came with win7 64bit. I think Dell locked the bios to prevent the installation of XP (only thinking). I have XP cd with sp3 and AHCI drivers integrated. I get ACPI.SYS error BSOD wenever i try to install XP. However, i have successfully installed XP with F7 method which bypasses the H.A.L but after everythings done, XP installs itself with MPS-MULTIPROCESSOR H.A.L which is not good for INTEL I5 as they run on full speed all time along the fans. I need ACPI and i cant force that with F5 either as i get the same error. On the other hand. It could be that XP dont undersand the ARCHITECTURE of new intel chipset and processors? i dont know i m not an engineer... its just a matter of time XP getting installed with ACPI H.A.L and everything will be good to go.

I even tried playing wit TXTSETUP file and set the ACPIENABLE to value 1 but still no luck....

I even turned off the AHCI to ATA and sill get the same error.....i have got no idea wats wrong....Please note that i have destroyed all the factory partitions on laptop and i now have vista and win7 installed (dual booted) just cant install XP....if u guys have any solution please share...

?

anyone?

ok first of all, u gotta tell me about if there is ACPI versions as well...i didnt know about it. I thought ACPI is windows system file and is already included in widnows setup....and my cd is not scratched....i hae burned like million cds trying different things but ddnt have any luck but i recently found out that my DELL studio 1558 laptop's bios arent compatible with XP so i m trying to get some people at DELL to fix this issue...

ACPI is basically a power management profile. You should be able to find it in the BIOS and change it.

This would be one of the only reasons a BIOS would be incompatible with XP.

i would change in a heart beat if there were any options showing in bios related to ACPI but there isnt and i need XP for schooling stuff...so either Dell will fix it or this laptop is going back to them :D

Back
Top Bottom