Overclock question

rdog157h

Baseband Member
I set the multiplier in cmos to 3.52 mhz from 3.11. My core temp program does not work when I unlock the 2 dormant cores and make it quad. My question is will quad core run at the same temp as dual? I set it back to dual when I oc it and its between 75-80 degrees F while surfing the web. It was about 65-70 degrees at dual core before OC.

I got the phenom ii 550 and unlocked to 4 cores. temps went up by 5-10 compared to dual core at full load. that's stock heatsink. when i switched to my aftermarket heatsink, maybe a 3 degree difference tops. short of it...YES

Having the extra cores will increase temps. I just don't know by how much.

and btw... I have no idea what you are trying to say, but that is not the multiplier.

Having the extra cores will increase temps. I just don't know by how much.

and btw... I have no idea what you are trying to say, but that is not the multiplier.

What I did was went into cmos, advanced cpu options, and set processor frequency multiplier to X17.5 which gives me 3.5 ghz. But I cant measure core temp with the unlocked cores so I have no idea how hot it is.

OK that makes a lot more sense.

Why not bump the fsb some?

I would see how far you can get it being 5 degrees C lower that you want, then use that.

Like I said I cant measure temp while using unlocked cores, should I do the fsb in dual core where I can monitor temp and consider it safe with quad core?

I just went into cmos and dont see a frontside option, what other name would it be under?

cpu frequency, core frequency...something along those lines...at least in my bios it is

cpu frequency, core frequency...something along those lines...at least in my bios it is

We have the same rig, is what you have maxed out?

I found cpu freq, where should I start? X10 and what is an ideal core temp to shoot for?

Back
Top Bottom