School eMac Test

Lennox

In Runtime
I tested out how long it would take to open every program on the dock (except iChat) on a school library computer.

sOVY2.jpg

It has a 1.42 GHz processor and only 256 MB of ram. It took about 20 minutes to get everything up. After it was all done, every time I tried to minimize something, it would take around 30 seconds to do it.

This was just a random experiment I did. It did not really have any meaning to it at all.. :p

ummm ok....

It is being limited by the RAM. I have a 1.07 GHz iBook G4 and I can run all those programs, plus the entire adobe suite, and Appleworks among others and it is still (relatively) responsive.

Welcome to my world...are PC's at our school crash when you have any Adobe application up, so much for getting work done. :/

Hahaha. That's why I like OS X. It won't crash even if you throw everything at it, it will just continuously crank away very slowly.

I got an iBook G4 running at 1.42ghz with 1.5gb of RAM.

I went to the apple store and got 75 applications open on a mac mini before it ran out of RAM. A mac mini. I can't even imagine what their 8 core nehalem mac pro would do.

Back
Top Bottom