Help with upgrading a computer for games

Monitor w/ speakers, keyboard, mouse. I'll salvage whatever I can from the pc. I also forgot to mention I want high speed internet. it will be directly connected to the wall

Ya I know. I'm saying I don't add the cost of a wireless adapter. Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you so much! And since this is a lot of money for me to just blow on a computer, can I get some additional feedback or suggestions?

I'm sure the intel fanbois ;) will be here soon urging you to get an i7 rig. TBH it is better but the cost will cause other parts to be skimped on, making up for the difference, so the PII would be faster. If you are strictly using this as a gaming machine, PII is better though. I might be surprised though, so BRING IT ON!!!! lol.

Coming from a Pentium 4, the 955 will rip through everything though.

Basically, that build will play anything you throw at it.

I'm guessing since you are salvaging the monitor though from that old PC; its going to have a very low resolution compared to today's flat screens.

That video card will be too good for a monitor of that spec since it can power games at HD resolutions and above at high framerates, but theirs always a chance of that being upgraded soon too?

Most CRTs could handle 1600x1200. If its an LCD, then my guess is 1280x1024. Really low. Your framerate in COD4 will be like 200. :p

I would get that card no matter what if you want to play Crysis and the likes, and it will last you quite a while. It will also still be good when you upgrade monitors.

Ok. I'll probably end up upping my budget so i can get a kick ass monitor too. Any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom