Can this be done?

gib65

Baseband Member
Is it possible to setup a computer with two monitors, two mice, and two keyboards such that one user can log into her account and another user can log into her account simultaneously. Note: this is different from logging in remotely from a separate computer. I'm wondering if this can be done with a single computer and have the cables for the monitors, mice, and keyboards splicing, and the monitors display two independent profiles.

What you are talking about is a mainframe/terminal setup. Very old technology. i don't think you could run any current Windows versions like that. Maybe Linux? Requires specialized hardware that you're going to have a hard time finding (probably).

I have a very similar question. Is there any way I can add a second set of input devices (either a controller or Keyboard/Mouse) and have one set of inputs go to one program, and another go to a second program? So I could run 2 instances of a game and play local multiplayer?

Just go buy some cheap P4 machine from Craigslist for $100. Add 1gb of ram and a cheap video card and you can OC the cpu to 3.4 GHZ. I have seen this done. It's a nice computer for internet and light gaming.

Never really heard of this idea. I could only think that you could dual- boot 2 OS's. I don't really know how you would get 2 mice and keyboards working though...someone else can correct what I am trying to say.

Back
Top Bottom