Need help picking out a vcard

I'd go with the XFX that Mutant Corn mentioned...they're preety good quality lifetime warranties ROCKS!

Lifetime isn't a factor for me, this is just a card to hold me over for 3 months so that I can play games from 2005-2007.

Is there anything with less strength but with more stability? For this particular situation, I would prefer safety over power. I know "guarantee" isn't a word you can really use in the computer world, but the card has to be pretty darn close to guaranteed to work.

I don't mean to be naggy or anything and I appreciate all the input, but I can't stress enough how important it is that this card works on the first try.

And is there anything a little closer to $40 rather than closer to $60?

300 watts should be fine assuming he doesn't have extra hardware and the power in his house is stable. the quality and build of the psu may be in question.

can't he downclcock the card to give himself some more head room?

300 watts should be fine assuming he doesn't have extra hardware and the power in his house is stable. the quality and build of the psu may be in question.

can't he downclcock the card to give himself some more head room?

I have no knowledge of over/downclocking, and I'd rather not risk tampering with it.

I know I'm being difficult. If it weren't for the fact that I have nothing to fall back on, I would be spending much more.

Back
Top Bottom