Wierdest thing to get your pc working?

SPuNKYbd

In Runtime
Post the wierdest experience youve had with pc's to get them working..

Ive got a couple... I had and old gateway pentium 3 kinda old lol... I had broken a mouse in the PS/2 so when i get a new mouse, I melted the PS/2 port, then melted my new mouse and crammed them together.

Another time, i had a laptop i traded for an old pc, the screen would always short out, so i had to set it up perfectly on another table from my mouse and keyboard... worst trade ever, and i lost about $300 in parts.. =[

I win here.

My iBook had the solder issue on the video card, so instead of shimming it, I put the lid from a carmex tin on top of it, poured gasoline in, then lit the thing on fire. The heat was enough to make the solder run back into place.

I win here.

My iBook had the solder issue on the video card, so instead of shimming it, I put the lid from a carmex tin on top of it, poured gasoline in, then lit the thing on fire. The heat was enough to make the solder run back into place.

Wow, that is an ingenious idea. +1 for setting stuff on fire...

Setting things on fire and hitting things with sticks, that's what I'm talking about...

I fixed an old Technics turntable by punching it. :p Bad connection.

I wish I could get ahold of a cracked 65nm NV card. It'd be uber cheap and I want to bake it.

There's a lot of random fixes out there lol.

^ lol

My current computer uses low-profile graphics cards, so to fit this GPU in, I had to break the end off of the current bracket....it's only secured by the AGP slot itself right now.

Also, not quite as random, but I fixed my monitor using parts from two motherboards that I found on the curb in front of a computer repair store.

aint my pc but my xbox threw it at a wall and it worked for a week but it got red rings about 2 weeks ago

Back when i was using my P2 (When i first got into computers) i had to literally type in a 'code' to get it to start,with the power button.

It was Hold in,press quickly twice,hold in and it would start perfect. Anything else and it simply wouldnt post. To this day,no idea why it would to this..

Back when i was using my P2 (When i first got into computers) i had to literally type in a 'code' to get it to start,with the power button.

It was Hold in,press quickly twice,hold in and it would start perfect. Anything else and it simply wouldnt post. To this day,no idea why it would to this..

Lol old computers are so mysterious

Not partaining to PC's but i stripped down a MP3 player all the way to the board and took off all buttons and battery springs, leaving the bare essentials, now its just a flash drive.

Back
Top Bottom