Has AVADirect scammed you?

Alright. I've read a bit in the thread.

That's what I deduct:

Customer support seems fair, but the system's a little lacking in the professionalism. The Old SATA cables reused is common. Heck, I'd do that too; it's a freaking wire! Looking at his case though, they should of replaced them, since they wouldn't fit properly, due to the thickness on the connection and having the SATA connectors sideways.

Having a power button broken is beyond me. First time I've seen a defective power button was on an Acer, and that button was on a PCB. A physical power button, I had one explode on me...when I splashed WD-40 on it. I can't think of having two wires shorting to the board to have it turn on being defective.

Someone mentioned defective parts...like 7-8 GPUs, 6 boards and more over 18 months...I don't know what happened, but even poor equipement, when maintained properly will hold. They can still go bad, but having that many problems...that's quite an accomplishment.

To top off, his DVD Burner was defective when it returned...something tells me the guy must be using his PC when he's mad...abusing the parts.

What's frustrating is shipping, without a doubt. It's not cheap, but worth it if you really want to.

Overall...build it yourself...because if you break it, you'll have no one but yourself to blame.

lhuser;1****15 said:
Overall...build it yourself...because if you break it, you'll have no one but yourself to blame.

I think some people just dont now how easy it is...

I mean once you start, and relies its mostly matching numbers, the rest of it comes naturally, GET THE BIG NUMBERS. Lol.

Ive never had to RMA anything ive bought from newegg (yet, knock on wood) everyone i know orders from them or tigerdirect.. Never heard of AVEdirect til now.

If i was going for a gaming computer, and i was willing to pay for it pre-made, it would be from alienware.

The reviews on resellerratings are faked if you read through the information well. Sometimes things look too clean for a reason, if you have time and are curious look at the thread with the threatening emails from the CEO Misha to the customer kodan. A CEO threatening a customer is very poor business tactics be it unethical as well.

SPuNKYbd;1*****8 said:
I think some people just dont now how easy it is...

I mean once you start, and relies its mostly matching numbers, the rest of it comes naturally, GET THE BIG NUMBERS. Lol.

Ive never had to RMA anything ive bought from newegg (yet, knock on wood) everyone i know orders from them or tigerdirect.. Never heard of AVEdirect til now.

If i was going for a gaming computer, and i was willing to pay for it pre-made, it would be from alienware.

Me neither. AVAdirect...I've learned yesterday night about it.

The reason I mentioned to build it yourself is because he had some knowledge in there.
Have it locally built if you can't...the person blamed AVA while they were trying to help.

I'd say it's a "Point the finger" game.

Hold up.

I only read the first couple of pages of the hardforums post that you linked,

you've got a guy who ordered a PC from AVA cause it was the cheapest.
he's sent it back and they've replaced 90% of the components but re-used some.

then he's complaining because they re-used the SATA cables, -they were HIS cables, the ones HE paid, for, they weren't broken and didn't need replacing, then the guy is taking it apart himself and trying to fix things, then complaining about the work...

so you've got a small custom builder business, who are trying to do what they can to fix a problem, whilst the customer is also fiddling with their work, and you think that the best way forward is to band together for a class action law suit...

something tells me the guy must be using his PC when he's mad...abusing the parts.
exactly, how is your small custom builder business meant to operate when other people are just abusing the machine that you;re building then blaming you!

Hold up.

I only read the first couple of pages of the hardforums post that you linked,

you've got a guy who ordered a PC from AVA cause it was the cheapest.
he's sent it back and they've replaced 90% of the components but re-used some.

then he's complaining because they re-used the SATA cables, -they were HIS cables, the ones HE paid, for, they weren't broken and didn't need replacing, then the guy is taking it apart himself and trying to fix things, then complaining about the work...

so you've got a small custom builder business, who are trying to do what they can to fix a problem, whilst the customer is also fiddling with their work, and you think that the best way forward is to band together for a class action law suit...

exactly, how is your small custom builder business meant to operate when other people are just abusing the machine that you;re building then blaming you!
Please don't make such a rash review just by two pages. You will change your opinion by the end of that thread 100% guaranteed. That customer returned the pc for a new motherboard that would replace a defective one that would BSOD while playing videos and that was all. They returned it with no cables connected not even the case power button, and the sata cables would not fit the motherboard do to design issues of the new board. He then decided to do what work he could on the pc as the customer must always pay shipping. If you were sent a pc that way would you spend $80+ as was stated for another return trip? Then I believe the memory burned out and back it went only for a return with voltages set at dangerous levels.

How can you ask such questions when the company returns pcs in such horrible condition? By that logic a car in for repairs should be returned with a cracked engine block and the blame placed on the owner for changing the battery cables. That particular pc was sabotaged twice by AVADirect. If you read that posters history you will see the pc later fried itself because the motherboard was installed improperly and after two RMAs that is inexcuseable.

Back
Top Bottom