I dont understand this motherboards memory.... help plz

what do u mean itll slow me down? how is putting more ram rather than making it faster itll slow me down?

More RAM will not make your computer faster, unless you are using all that you currently have, which almost no one does. Anyhow, it all has to run at the same speed, so it will set them all to the speed of the slowest stick you have installed. Therefore slowing the entire thing down.

By slowest stick, you mean the slowest channel (or whatever you call it)

If you have triple channel ram, 3x2000 MHz, you will effectively have 6000MHz RAM. When you pop in that 4th stick, the best you can get is 2@2x2000MHz, so 4000 effective.

foothead;1****12 said:

If you have triple channel ram, 3x2000 MHz, you will effectively have 6000MHz RAM. When you pop in that 4th stick, the best you can get is 2@2x2000MHz, so 4000 effective.

so the black slots are dual channel not triple?

Black slots are triple as well, but if you have only one stick in them, the system can't do triple-channel properly anymore. If you have all slots filled, it will still be triple channel.

foothead;1****12 said:

That too, but I meant if you had 6 sticks in, but one was 1033 instead of 1600, then they would all run at 1033, correct?

Back
Top Bottom