my computer is REALY SLOW need help?!!1!!

robbimagg

Solid State Member
hello, i need help whit my computer ti has gotten very slow lately and i have virus scanned her whit "TuneUp Utilities" and "Microsoft Security Essentials" and it it does not help does not find any problems help me i'm getting insane of this, shes like an old computer from school, FROM SCHOOL!!! please ask any questions to help me ;)

Nice double post. ;)

Remove all antiviruses and install ONE. I recommend clamWIN or AVG. Both are free.
Also try running malwarebytes anti-malware and ccleaner as well as defrag several times.

This should help quite a bit.

Nice double post. ;)

Remove all antiviruses and install ONE. I recommend clamWIN or AVG. Both are free.
Also try running malwarebytes anti-malware and ccleaner as well as defrag several times.

Yes do what Foothead said, also remove things that you don't need (like trial software) and remove startup items (msconfig can be used to do this). Like if you have things like adobe updater and itunes (If you have an ipod) those usually have startup items, get rid of those.

Nice double post. ;)

i tried the AVG and it din't get anything

i realy think theres some thing wrong whit my PC i has newer been this slow LAGGS at every game ALLVAYS some pop up, errors coming up, 10-20 sec opening a folder, 20-30 sec opening the internet and when i am trying to whatch some thing in vlc its ALLWAYS crashing(got the latest version and all that crap)

You have no viruses. You just have a really crapped out registry, waaay too many startup programs, or a dying hard drive.

Did you do everything I posted?

May I suggest you defrag your computer, There are some tutorials explaining how to do this (Screenshots & Guides)

How to defrag on

Also using professional software would be highly recommended you can view the "Defrag Top 10 Programs" for some suggestions.

If you follow those tutorials or get some decent software it should seriously help improve your computer speed, similar to what it was when you first bought it.

Back
Top Bottom