Will my motherboard be able to handle a Quad-Core?

These were ones that had been installed on a PC but the PC died and got chucked out.

I got the licenses and CDs and they worked no problem.

DELL works too. Just tried it.

If they haven't been installed on a computer yet, then yes, they'll work with any PC. Compared to normal OEM versions, the only real difference with the Vista/7 ones is that they have some crapware on them.

it's very easy to do this, even if it has been previously installed, all you do is install it, then when it won't activate you call the number given in the message when it fails, you just tell them that you upgraded some parts in your computer, they will then give you an activation code over the phone, I've done this a few times, they aren't as evil as people think, but have a pen ready because obviously you'll need to write it down, it's a pretty lengthy code...

it's very easy to do this, even if it has been previously installed, all you do is install it, then when it won't activate you call the number given in the message when it fails, you just tell them that you upgraded some parts in your computer, they will then give you an activation code over the phone, I've done this a few times, they aren't as evil as people think, but have a pen ready because obviously you'll need to write it down, it's a pretty lengthy code...

It's worked online every time for me.

They basically told me to screw off when I asked them to fix Flight Sim because they wouldn't let me reinstall after my OS crashed so many times.

It's worked online every time for me.

They basically told me to screw off when I asked them to fix Flight Sim because they wouldn't let me reinstall after my OS crashed so many times.

if you changed motherboards for added features, but the motherboard had the same chipsets then it makes sense, when you install an OS it creates a hardware profile of your system, minor changes like changing a hdd won't make a difference, major changes like changing motherboard chipsets and such will, also, Flight Sim is a game, that's a whole different department and they probably handle things differently, we're talking about the OS side here...

Wait what? We're talking a reinstall here unless I am missing something.

I prolly am, I just found Fermi's release date and pricing so my brain is off somewhere else.

RAMS: 2 x 1 GB Samsung (Previous Computer) With the NEW G.SKILL 2 x 1 GB

i would strongly suggest using just the new G.Skill RAM

it is not wise to mix and match different makes/models of RAM...
unless the clocks and timings are exact. Even then i wouldnt recommend it.

i would strongly suggest using just the new G.Skill RAM

it is not wise to mix and match different makes/models of RAM...
unless the clocks and timings are exact. Even then i wouldnt recommend it.

agreed, now if it was going to be an Intel build I'd say go ahead because a lot of the time RAM will be bottlenecked by the FSB anyway, high speed RAM is better suited for AMD based systems...

hey foothead my friend recommend me Sparkle GeForce GT 220 Video Card - 1024MB DDR3 is that good?

Also, so I shouldn't mix the rams? both are DDR2 667 PC2-5300U with 240 PIN. not sure about the timing though.

hey foothead my friend recommend me Sparkle GeForce GT 220 Video Card - 1024MB DDR3 is that good?

Also, so I shouldn't mix the rams? both are DDR2 667 PC2-5300U with 240 PIN. not sure about the timing though.

if they're both the same speed I would go ahead a mix them, they should just default to the timings of the slower set, and 4GB at 5-5-5-15 is better than 2GB at 4-4-4-12...

and no that video card sucks, a 4870 512MB doubles the performance of that card easily, it's near the performance of a 4670, but the 4670 is better suited for games...

Back
Top Bottom