IDE to SATA

Steve20lc

Beta member
Ok so I've googled my tail off until i felt my eyes start to swell and i was seeing nooses... So here is my issue. My computer had an AMD Athalon 2000 (a dinosaur to you all I'm sure). I was given a computer that has a AMD Sempron 3000+... So I took the 2000 (1.66 Ghz) out of my case and I put in the 3000 (2.0 Ghz) It powers up and works fine... After that I recieved a Dell Inspiron 530s with a Intel Duo Core E2XXX. So my question to you all is should I stick with the AMD 3000 or go to the Intel Duo Core? Is the 3000 faster than the DuoCore? I'm a n00b.

Now the AMD 3000 was working fine with my IDE DVD-R and 60GB harddrive. In that Dell there was a DVD-R and a 250GB Harddrive but they're SATA. The AMD 3000 has 2 SATA ports on it so I went and got 2 of the converters to use the HD and DVD-R... Now the computer will boot to the HP screen (Processor is out of a HP Pavilion a845w), but will say "disk boot failure, please insert system disk and press enter". Please help any info would be greatly appreciated.

So basically I'm trying to go from IDE to SATA components... but I get the above message...

Thanks again

Ok so I solved my own problem... not enough power on the wimpy 250w power supply... Gonna pick up a 1000w tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom