Jobless

Super Junk here. I was jobless for over a year. Here are some tips for you.

1) Don't get discouraged.
2) Make sure that you send in applications every day
3) Even though you're unemployed, treat the job search as a job
4) Don't let other people make you feel inferior. You are what you think you are
5) Think about temp agencies and volunteer work in the meantime.
6) Don't allow yourself too much down time. This is when you start to feel discouraged or have negative thoughts. You might never have time off again -- use it to your advantage. Improve yourself.

Hope this helps. I finally got a job and am feeling much better about myself. I hope you do the same.

--Super Junk

http://joblessbloggers.com/2010/02/09/jobless/

Does your resume look like crap? A lot of places won't even read your resume if it's not at least kind-of designed.

How about starting your own business??? Maybe start off selling on ebay or something?

I appreciate the comments.

My degree is in Spanish and MIS.

I am not in the NJ area. I live in Georgia currently.

This week I am interviewing with Mckesson, AT&T, and Capgemini.

But if nothing comes through,
it's back to the drawing board.

Does your resume look like crap? A lot of places won't even read your resume if it's not at least kind-of designed.

That's a good point. I wasn't even getting callbacks with my original resume, but as soon as I had it professionally done that changed almost overnight. Found a really good job shortly after as well.

Yup. I wasn't being a BS'er or being harsh. It's a fact. You need to stand out from the rest. Even if you have better credentials, that doesn't guarantee anything. Our world is all about looks now. Not that I agree with it or condone it, but that's just how it is and to get a decent job you have to factor that in.

Yup. I wasn't being a BS'er or being harsh. It's a fact. You need to stand out from the rest. Even if you have better credentials, that doesn't guarantee anything. Our world is all about looks now. Not that I agree with it or condone it, but that's just how it is and to get a decent job you have to factor that in.

That's when it becomes tough. There is a fine line between something that's intriguing and tasteful and something that's guaranteed to get your resume tossed. I'm almost at that point to just start trying completely new methods myself- win or lose.

I hear if you hand-write your resume with a calligraphy pen on some expensive paper, it makes employers think you put a lot of care into everything you do.

It'll at least get it looked at for sure.

Back
Top Bottom