128bit memory vs. 256bit memory

3x3 isn't possible yet.

3x2 will be when the EF edition cards come out. I might do it at some point in the future.

Its easy to take the bezels off and situate mst LCDs back on their stands if you want a thin bezel. I've done it with mine, but they have a metal thing around the normal lcd frame.

Isn't it possible with a TRI SLI SET UP OF 5970's?!?! :eek:

:p

And that's true, but you're always going to have a bit of a gap there, no matter what you do. But like I said, I don't want to use them all as one screen, I want to be able to do various things with each.

SLI is nvidia. ATI has crossfire.

And tri crossfire with 5970s isnt possible because they are dual GPU cards.

You can quad CF with 2 of them tho.

It still only lets you EF with the main card.

SLI is nvidia. ATI has crossfire.

And tri crossfire with 5970s isnt possible because they are dual GPU cards.

You can quad CF with 2 of them tho.

It still only lets you EF with the main card.

Oh God I can't believe I just said that. I know. I meant CF 3 5870's, lol. I thought you could EF with all cards though, I guess I am mistaken on that front :eek:

ATI posted a 1 minute youtube vid of x plane running on 24 screens with 4 EF edition 5870s driving them. The truth is that there are actually four instances of the flight sim running, with the same controls, each rendering the full resolution, but only displaying for 6 monitors.

That is why they gave no info on it. It was merely an experiment.

ATI posted a 1 minute youtube vid of x plane running on 24 screens with 4 EF edition 5870s driving them. The truth is that there are actually four instances of the flight sim running, with the same controls, each rendering the full resolution, but only displaying for 6 monitors.

That is why they gave no info on it. It was merely an experiment.

That's.... AWESOME. I've seen videos of HAWX too, that's why assumed you could do massive setups with it.

The HAWX was a 2x3 setup, no?

Post a link if its more.

Yeah, it was 2x3, now that I look it back up. They did have a video of it on a ton of monitors though, like the xplane one, and they had it playing Gears of War as well. Don't know if that was an EF set up though.

The split just sort of kills it for me though, because it's right at the center of your view =/

I did see a couple of videos of Crysis and Left 4 Dead with 3 monitors, it was sweet :cool:

Back
Top Bottom