Random Chit Chat

The only speakers I have are the aiwa, which are like 10+ years old, and not sure if the speakers work all that well. I'm going to try and see how it is first. Also, since it's 10+ years, I assume that it will use the red/white for sound, so it won't be a true surround sound, just stereo surround. The cheapest surround I found was the RCA sniper told me about which is about $70. I thought that maybe I should just get regular stereo speakers for TV.

I probably shouldn't go to concerts anymore (not like I have been to one). I already lost some hearing due to loud music through the headphones I think.

EDIT - I am thinking of going with some Sony SS-B1000 bookshelf speakers. Think it would be any good?

EDIT2 - I am researching on it, and I have no I idea how to hook it up or even how to search for some stereo speakers that has optical out.

The logic in the receiver can convert stereo into 5.1 channel.

Huh? :confused:

I usually mind my own business, I don't want to get into any trouble. I think I was the only Asian in there the last time I went.

Where would I get some speakers for the TV? I don't think I will be using stereo surround anymore.
Also, where do I plug in so that whether I am watching TV, DVD/Blu-Ray, or playing games, I'll be using the external speakers?
P333-3218-call09-pact.jpg

There's a headphones out on the side of that model. That's what I'm currently using since I don't have a receiver with optical in. Obviously, a headphones out is Stereo, but that's fine for me. I just use an adapter to go from that to RCA audio to go into my stereo.

I forgot about that idea. Couldn't I just put desktop speakers through that way too?

Cool then.
This is the speakers I was thinking of using.
DSC00353.jpg

and the back connectors
DSC00354.jpg

This was made back in 1996. Sorry about the bad picture quality, my mom is sleeping and the camera was near her.
Now I have a question, the Red/White connector on the back said it was for HDMI on the TV, problem with that is that only my PS3 is HDMI. Wii will be component, and TV would be the antenna/co-axial.
It seems like the only way I can use these speakers for everything on the TV would be if I use the headphone jack.

Also, for those big speakers, it has those wires where I put on the red/black on the lower part of the second picture. I don't know which one is negative, and which one is positive. The only thing I know about the wires is one side is white and the other is black. Any help on how to set up?

Too bad this doesn't have a sub, and I don't feel like finding a sub for it either.

Back
Top Bottom