I've got PC Antivirus 2010

gib65

Baseband Member
Hello,

I've got PC Antivirus 2010. I've searched the net for ways to get rid of it to no avail. I've even read the guide offered by bleepingcomputer here but the problem is that PC Antivirus won't even let me install MBAM. As soon as I tell the installation to run, PC Antivirus comes up and cancels the installation on me. I can't disable it in time through the task manager either.

There must be some other way. Please help.

Very hard to get rid of. I hate it when people bring me a computer with this crap on it.

Have you tried booting into safe mode? You should try that and then manually delete the files and also delete the registry keys by going to Start -> Run -> regedit -> ENTER. I would also recommend downloading and installing Spybot Search and Destroy. If you can remove it in Safe Mode, let us know, there are alternative methods.

Associated PC AntiSpyware 2010 Files:

c:\Program Files\Common Files\aqamodero.dat
c:\Program Files\Common Files\hubeweqa.lib
c:\Program Files\Common Files\jatikysup._dl
c:\Program Files\Common Files\ofyxodaqa.dat
c:\Program Files\Common Files\sahaso.bat
c:\Program Files\Common Files\zotys.bin
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\AVEngn.dll
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\htmlayout.dll
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\PC_Antispyware2010.cfg
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\PC_Antispyware2010.exe
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\pthreadVC2.dll
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\Uninstall.exe
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\wscui.cpl
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\data
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\data\daily.cvd
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\Microsoft.VC80.CRT
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\Microsoft.VC80.CRT\Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\Microsoft.VC80.CRT\msvcm80.dll
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\Microsoft.VC80.CRT\msvcp80.dll
c:\Program Files\PC_Antispyware2010\Microsoft.VC80.CRT\msvcr80.dll
c:\WINDOWS\akudyta.lib
c:\WINDOWS\hoxigawax.inf
c:\WINDOWS\kyci.dl
c:\WINDOWS\nuxojih.scr
c:\WINDOWS\qynomikov.bin
c:\WINDOWS\seni.reg
c:\WINDOWS\yfoneby.db
c:\WINDOWS\system32\_scui.cpl
c:\WINDOWS\system32\cocefezyj.dl
c:\WINDOWS\system32\qebykiti.dl
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\pybisezyr.db
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ulycozoho._dl
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\ekenubes.com
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\icosagula.reg
%UserProfile%\Application Data\jugifyryve.exe
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\PC_Antispyware2010.lnk
%UserProfile%\Cookies\ajeby.reg
%UserProfile%\Cookies\yqeqaranym.vbs
%UserProfile%\Cookies\zebav.pif
%UserProfile%\Desktop\_scui.cpl.txt
%UserProfile%\Desktop\PC_Antispyware2010.lnk
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\xoqupuwytu._dl
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\PC_Antispyware2010
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\PC_Antispyware2010\PC_Antispyware2010.lnk
%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\PC_Antispyware2010\Uninstall.lnk

Associated PC AntiSpyware 2010 Windows Registry Information:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PC_Antispyware2010
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PC_Antispyware2010
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load "scui.cpl"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load "wscui.cpl"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "PC Antispyware 2010"

Thanks Legodude,

I didn't really find any of those files or registry entries on my computer, but I was able to run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it *seems* to have gotten rid of the virus... but there was a cost:

It seems to have done something to EXPLORER.EXE or at least the registry entries for it. Many of Window's basic applications (like My Computer, Control Panel, Internet Explorer) won't work. They either give the error message "C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE Application not found" or it asks me which application I want to open it in (ex. with IE it asks me this and I have to tell it IE - but then it shuts down).

I checked to see if explorer.exe was missing and it wasn't. I copied the same file from another computer over to mine just in case it was corrupted, but that didn't solve the problem. I'm guessing it must have something to do with the registry, but I don't want to touch that unless instructed to by a professional.

Has this every happened to you or anyone else? Any recommended solution?

Thanks Legodude,

I didn't really find any of those files or registry entries on my computer, but I was able to run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it *seems* to have gotten rid of the virus... but there was a cost:

It seems to have done something to EXPLORER.EXE or at least the registry entries for it. Many of Window's basic applications (like My Computer, Control Panel, Internet Explorer) won't work. They either give the error message "C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE Application not found" or it asks me which application I want to open it in (ex. with IE it asks me this and I have to tell it IE - but then it shuts down).

I checked to see if explorer.exe was missing and it wasn't. I copied the same file from another computer over to mine just in case it was corrupted, but that didn't solve the problem. I'm guessing it must have something to do with the registry, but I don't want to touch that unless instructed to by a professional.

The best option may be to just wipe your computer and do a new install. These types of programs are nasty and just like to dig into your Windows installation. Sometimes fixable but difficult.

Antivirus 2010 is one of the worst viruses around. I've seen so many people sucked in by that stupid scareware that shows them fake viruses. Its very hard to get rid of so install Malwarebytes, Spybot, and AVG Free Edition. If it blocks you try hiding these under a different name for that sometimes fools it. Second, some viruses will dig into System Restore and will also remain even if you reformat your computer.

Next time would boot in "Safe Mode with Network" Then I would install and update the definition. This typically works.

Thanks Legodude,

Get your OS disk... load on to your pc and do a repair install as this will repair your OS and not lose any software or files.

Back
Top Bottom