School secretly spying on students via webcams!

but no reason why they should be expelled for doing it in a video with a school uniform.

If it's a private school it is an image thing. When you enroll you sign a contract that pretty much allows them to do things like that.

If it's a private school it is an image thing. When you enroll you sign a contract that pretty much allows them to do things like that.

Still... It's a pretty sad thing to do... I mean, if you think about it... You school teacher watching you when your AT HOME on their laptop. And who would sign a contract saying that the school could take pictures/videos of you without you realising? I don't think it's right AT ALL

You just don't know what their gonna do next with some people!

Still... It's a pretty sad thing to do... I mean, if you think about it... You school teacher watching you when your AT HOME on their laptop. And who would sign a contract saying that the school could take pictures/videos of you without you realising? I don't think it's right AT ALL

You just don't know what their gonna do next with some people!

In the case of this webcam thing it's a public school and there is no such agreement. I was just saying that for the private schools expelling people for smoking while in the school uniforms on youtube.

This is just scary to think about. I don't know what i'd do if i got a laptop from school and they were secretly spying on me. I would have that school shut down.

I'm not usually too fussy on the privacy side of things, and I do think a lot of people these days tend to go overboard on it.

But this is just ridiculous.

Whatever the school say about only activating it when a laptop is reported lost or stolen, I still wouldn't trust them with it in the slightest. That sounds rubbish to me for a few reasons:

- Anyone who steals the thing is most likely to wipe it.
- What's a random photo of a room going to do to help them locate it?
- If they only ever use it for that how on earth did this guy get in trouble when he legitimately had the laptop and it clearly wasn't lost or stolen?

It's a bit like if I had a permanent camera wired into my room that could be switched on and off whenever anyone chose, but they told me they wouldn't actually turn the thing on. I'd still be paranoid!

If I was a kid at that school I'd just be taping over the webcam. Sometimes the simplest solutions work best!

Private schools are too bs about that.

I have examples where they kick people out for 'being immoral' when they really did nothing wrong at all, but I would rather keep them private.

They did it to me because apparently having a student with depression is bad for their image. Made me go to freakin East Baton Rouge public school, one of the worst public school systems in the country because of it.

Back
Top Bottom