eBay - Broke items

I have a question regarding selling broken items on eBay. My computer was acting up on me, freezing, having programs crash, blue screens, etc. I did some testing and narrowed it down to 2 components: motherboard and CPU. Now, I've already ordered replacements off newegg, and I want to sell these old "broken" ones. They work, but like I said, it would have to be strictly internet, e-mail, etc (light applications). If I put a disclaimer on my auction page, can I sell these items?

Huh? If they don't work right, why would anyone want to buy them for light use? If they may fall over?

Let me be more clear. I've narrowed down the problem to 2 components: Motherboard and Processor. It is very hard to tell who's the culprit without buying a new item to test with. I decided to switch over to Intel, so there's no way I can test this. There is a pretty good chance that one of those two items is good (I think the processor), and it could be steal for someone to buy it. It's not like I'm setting the price at something ridiculous, it will be an auction. Someone could possibly get this for $5 and get a $60 processor that works flawlessly and a broken motherboard.

Just list those in the description, make sure it's clear that even an kid will understand.

Make it dead simple and there's no problem with selling em, who will buy is what you have to wait for.

This radio station in Orlando I use to listen too farted in a jar and i guess closed the lid and sold it for like 200$ on ebay... A fart in a jar

People will buy any old crap

Story in the paper of a 50p piece that got handed to a fan at a football game by the chairman, they mounted it and got it autographed, it's running into 200 quid now on 'a famous internet auction site'

Back
Top Bottom