Too much thermal paste?

I just spread it very thin on the surface, until it covers the entire thing. The important thing is that it covers the entire area of the processor. With my experience, as long as you only use a reasonable amount it should be fine, and it really doesn't make much of a difference how little you use. Stay within reason however, :p

It could be even cooler though.

Mine never got over 45C on stock in a prime95 test.

I much prefer Intel Burn Test, got me higher temps then prime95 ever did.

^ I have AMD, so I don't use intel software.

Well your cooling and room temperature is different than mine.
I don't think it would be cooler, even if it would, it would be about 1c-2c.

I am in Louisiana. Its frakken hot. And no the difference won't be very big but its free. If you were getting an aftermarket cooler, 2C is a big difference.

^ I have AMD, so I don't use intel software.

I am in Louisiana. Its frakken hot. And no the difference won't be very big but its free. If you were getting an aftermarket cooler, 2C is a big difference.

It's not made by intel, it was just originally designed for intel processors.

That's like saying I don't use RivaTuner because I use Radeon video cards :rolleyes:

Oh I see... I thought you meant it was something like what AMD has, built into their overdrive suite. I'll check it out.

Nope, not at all. It's my favorite stress and stability utility to be honest. Puts the processor under crazy load, and even tells you the speed the test completes at, in time and Gflops. Also, it gets to your max temperature in a relatively short time.

I always buy Arctic Silver 5. Sometimes available at Radio Shack. I usually make several small blobs and smooth it out very thinly and evenly with a library card. I'm very meticulous when it comes to my thermal paste and heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom