OC'ing AMD Sempron 2400+ (1.67GHz)

EnviousX

Baseband Member
Hey,

I wanted to OC my AMD Sempron 2400+ (1.67GHz)...Can someone like give me a tutorial, specifically on this processor to atleast OC it to 2GHz? For ex. Whats my OC'ing limit, do I just use the BIOS to OC, How do I know what temperature its running at, if it is too hot or can still be overclocked further...

I actually wanted to upgrade my CPU but I can't find any better SOCKET A CPUs...Nobody sells them anymore...If you know of any, please tell me ;D I'm willing to pay up to 60-70$

Thanks,

~EnviousX

Wow. The old K7 Sempron.

What motherboard and RAM are you running?

You might have jumpers on your motherboard allowing you to run the clock at 200Mhz instead of the stock speed of 133Mhz. A 200Mhz clock will give you a CPU speed of 2000Mhz with a X10 multi. Watch the RAM speed though.

If there's no jumpers on board then you might be able to tinker in the clock and RAM dividers in the BIOS.

Wow. The old K7 Sempron.

What motherboard and RAM are you running?

You might have jumpers on your motherboard allowing you to run the clock at 200Mhz instead of the stock speed of 133Mhz. A 200Mhz clock will give you a CPU speed of 2000Mhz with a X10 multi. Watch the RAM speed though.

If there's no jumpers on board then you might be able to tinker in the clock and RAM dividers in the BIOS.

I've got 768MB RAM and the Asrock K7VM3 Mobo.

I don't have the money to get a new system any time soon, that's why I spent my 50 dollars buying the HD 2600 PRO (AGP) and have like 70$$ left to spend on something, I want to upgrade my CPU or atleast OC it to run games faster (TF2, COD4, L4D...)

Thanks,

~EnviousX

What about the Phenom II rig listed in your sig?

Those old K7s OC'd really poorly. Don't attempt it on a stock cooler if you don't know what you are doing.

Oh, hahaha, thats my "dream" system, I've always wanted to get that but I never had the budget. That would suck, then can you suggest any websites where I can get new Socket A CPUs?

But upgrading my Mobo is challenging for me. I don't know what to do or how to start, I've got no idea. All I know is I can buy a new CPU and screw it in along with putting on the fan. I don't even have the money to buy a new mobo :(

Help?

you don't even screw it in. It just pops into the socket then you close a lever.

All you do is take out like 9 screws, put the new board in place, then put those screws back. Really easy.

The cheapest AM2+ board you can find will beat your socket A one.

DDR or DDR2? I forget. Its really old.

K7's are DDR.

If you're on a tight budget, spending money on such an old platform will make you regret it. Save your money until you can afford a decent upgrade.

Forget that! I`m having hardcore problems right now, Ever since I got my new video card (HD 2600 PRO AGP) its been less than a few weeks and my computer is automatically rebooting...I thought it had something to do with the temperature so I checked and I saw that my CPU TEMP was 71-72 Degrees Celsius, and my Mobo TEMP was 35 degrees celsius? Is that okay? Or does it have something to do with my power supply (ATX-450PS - 450W)?

Please help.

Thanks,

EnviousX

Well, this might sound pretty noob but I`m currently formating my computer and the computer hasn`t rebooted yet so I`m guessing it has got to do something with the operating system thing.

Back
Top Bottom