Looking for a Custom Built Gaming PC For £1000?

Those are basically two GPU's...of course x8 will bottleneck them.

With single-chip cards though, it's fine. Even a 5870 will only see a very slight loss in power going through x8.

Hmm, sorry for that Cabbs. Missed information... I didn't think Intel would be so... harsh.

In that case, wouldn't it best for him to go for the higher spec motherboard capable of handing the faster processors? If maybe there is a slightly more expensive CPU that has the newer socket?

That is unless Intel on the next brand decide to change the sockets again

Hmm, sorry for that Cabbs. Missed information... I didn't think Intel would be so... harsh.

In that case, wouldn't it best for him to go for the higher spec motherboard capable of handing the faster processors? If maybe there is a slightly more expensive CPU that has the newer socket?

That is unless Intel on the next brand decide to change the sockets again

I have a feeling this isn't all Intel here, I doubt motherboard companies are begging Intel to keep the same sockets so people don't have to buy new motherboards...

;)

Okay....Now I'm confused, what am I doing again? Is this conversation about a motherboard, do I stick with original plan from 'mutant corn' or am I doing something different. I am not too good with "tech" terms or the engineering side of things.

Okay....Now I'm confused, what am I doing again? Is this conversation about a motherboard, do I stick with original plan from 'mutant corn' or am I doing something different. I am not too good with "tech" terms or the engineering side of things.

so we can see where we are, list all the parts you are thinking of getting at this moment taking into consideration all of the suggestions in this thread, if you wait much longer some of the parts you want for your build may be out of stock by the time you order or some of the sale items may jump back up to normal price...

Much cheaper to do build one. You probably won't find what you want with that amount of money! Make one, you can save loads!

I intend to now samueleen. List all the parts well as I don't know much about hardware etc I was hoping someone could do that for me which 'mutant corn' did. However I will be doing this in a couple of months and I want something that will play games to a high level with smooth no glitch graphics. Also want something that can convert files to DVD for video files quick and have a lot of space for my videos etc. The case that was detailed looks good, I like that. The CPU is what I am wanting, although heard the Athlon's 64's are better but more expensive as is the extreme Pentium range, but happy with that. The GPU again looks to be of good quality. And yes I am looking for about that much space hard drive wise and would like that much RAM (4GB) so it looks good to me. But you guys know best and I am only a amateur when it comes to things like this, so what do you think? Only looking to build this for £1000 and not looking to spend over that (My Mrs won't let me, lol)

I'll try and come up with something tonight for you. It'd be more worthwhile if it was future proofed as much as possible; which in my eyes means trying to find a motherboard that is capable of the socket that is going to last the longest.

But there is also what I said before; that by the time you've come to think about upgrading the CPU, you'll probably find it best to buy an entire new PC, or replace the motherboard completely since times would have changed.

Kage - That was my fear as times move so quick in the computer world. I appreciate your help and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Back
Top Bottom