Random Chit Chat

There were plenty of 1080i CRT televisions in the early 00's. The market was saturated with them, but consumers never really saw them as the next best alternative to what they already had. They really began to fade out in the mid 00's when flat panel televisions began to become more mainstream.

I wonder why I never see any of them then.

Do they make any consumer CRT TVs anymore?
I like DLPs, but they have this weird 'x' pattern on the screen material, which I cannot figure out.

OK thanks.

I could've had a 480i 32" RCA not long ago but the thing was screaming in agony, and I really didn't have room for it.

I like my DLP front projection setup for now... at least until the bulb goes out. It's a Dell, so the bulb costs more than the entire projector with the bulb.

Okay, so now I kind of know how the Panasonic one stands, but not how it would compare to the specific Toshiba model I am looking at.
I noticed the forum was mostly talking about hooking up the PC to the TV. I don't really plan on using the TV as a main screen for my PC, just something to do once in awhile. The TV would be for watching TV, movies, and PS3.

If anyone remembers, I bought that Panasonic. It's one of the best TVs I've ever seen. I spent at least 6 hours comparing it to every other TV in the $400-500 price range and it won hands down in almost every thread I found on AVS forums and elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom