Random Chit Chat

I really don't think sony is all its cracked up to be. My uncle has one, and the picture isn't very good. the colors look kinda weird and the blacks aren't great.

When we were looking at TVs, the sony didn't seem to look as good as sharp, samsung, panasonic, and toshiba.

Sharp has the best picture of all lcd's imo.

It beat all the others though.

To be honest, the Sony in my living room has an outstanding picture. Great black levels - something the NEC isn't able to compete with.

I've never much cared for NEC panels. They seem to be expensive and extremely reliable, but not the best picture.

There really isn't anything that compares with sharp though. Their pixels are hexagonal, not square, which makes it look more clear if you sit close. And the black levels and colors are almost as good as plasma.

Our Samsung plasma is awesome too except for the wide pixel spacing, and the issue with the cardboard.

I still prefer the picture on the good ol CRT's. What ever happened to them?

Not really. Sharp has a joint manufacturing plant with Sony, but they haven't really stood out in terms of picture quality. They're good, but not great.

Meanwhile, I know Sony has been very innovative in terms of what they churn out. Their XBR sets are truly magnificent if you're into LCD televisions. The only comparable manufacturer I've heard of is Samsung, and they're having reliability problems with some of their sets.

Right now I'm trying to compare the Panasonic TC-L32S1 and Toshiba 32RV525R. From my research so far, it seems like the Panasonic wins because of viewing angles, but I won't be sitting at an angle, so it's not valid.

I'll see if I can maybe get a macro of the cardboard in our Samsung. Its bizzare. How would cardboard even get there?

I have heard that LG LED backlit TVs are good, but I haven't actually seen one. i don't have too much trust in LG anymore.

Teny: I prefer Toshiba LCD's over panasonics. Panasonic has very good plasmas though.

Back
Top Bottom