Random Chit Chat

An R33 with an RB26DET or DETT is a great way to go.
The R32 can easily be swapped with the same motor and cost much less. However, it's likely any one of these you come across will have a number of chassis miles. So it's best to inspect closely before purchase.

So what are the chances of getting dead pixels on HDTVs nowadays?

@01001010, what was the whole process like when you were dealing with the broken Bravia? and how long did it take to get it resolved?

@01001010, what was the whole process like when you were dealing with the broken Bravia? and how long did it take to get it resolved?

I don't know about bravias. It depends on what kind of tv it is LCD or plasma. we had a hitachi hd plasma tv that had a whole line of dead pixels because the idiots who delivered it laid it flat in the moving truck when we moved and from what I heard they have to be upright at all times or they will get damaged. We got it replaced for free and they were nice enough to deliver the new one and take the old one on the same day so we were never without tv. THe whole process took 2 weeks. So I would day the chances are only high if you move it but other than that it isn't too likely

We have one. Its the stupidest bs ever... a piece of cardboard the size of a pixel encased in the screen.

Ive never even heard of that.

EDIT: It seems spammers are getting more creative and actually getting away with it. There is one who keeps posting fake stories and such so he can link to the same crappy chinese wholesaler in every post. You know what I am talking about if you've seen it.

lol this ones funny but obviously a joke

"Free LCD TV.Yes it works perfectly.Yes it has a remote. No i wont deliver. Why is it FREE you ask????? My room mate thought it would be “hysterical” to pause “explicit gay video” on my TV while my girlfriend and I were on vacation for 2 weeks, thus burning an image into the scree. So… If you don't mind a silhouette of a skinny white guy taking a load in the face from the biggest black penis in recorded history forever adorning your new TV, It's yours."

It was decent. UPS was probably the most helpful throughout the whole situation. Their representatives were clearly willing to help. I only spoke to Newegg once regarding the issue, and the representative sounded like I took a piss in his corn flakes. The rest was via email correspondence.

In all, it probably took a week for the whole issue to be resolved.

Alright, well, I'll just end up going with the Toshiba for $400 from Newegg if they still have that deal tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be a great purchase.

It looks like an awesome TV. Are you gonna use it for a monitor too?

So far, yes. I am going to hook it up via DVI to HDMI and use an Aux cable for the sound.

Why not stick with the Sony?

I started to calculate my budget, and noticed that anything over $500 was kind of pushing it. I still need to get an TV stand and stuff. Unless you think the Sony is worth the extra $100.

Back
Top Bottom