Setting up bios!

sina131

In Runtime
hey guys i just turned my comp on for the first time from when i built it. And it says f1 to do setup and f2 to load default values and cont. which one shld i do and what are the steps to setup bios? And i dont have an OS Cd yet so what are my options. please help ASAP. this is .my first build so yea and im 16 so any help would be gladly appreiated

Just hit F2. It's safe to do. There are some things you can modify/tweak in the setup but the defaults should work just fine. Lets worry about getting your system to work first though.

There isn't much of anything you can do until you get an OS.

Congrats on your first build! Mine was when I was 13 I think.

Just hit F2. It's safe to do. There are some things you can modify/tweak in the setup but the defaults should work just fine. Lets worry about getting your system to work first though.

There isn't much of anything you can do until you get an OS.

Congrats on your first build! Mine was when I was 13 I think.

haha thx im post up pics soon. but it says im using 2.99 Gh out of 6gb of ramm. how do i fix that? and when i go to my computer it says i have 1 HDD but i have 2 500g same HDD. what now plz help

Are both HDD's detected in the BIOS and formatted?

You don't have 32 bit OS do you...?

yea it detects 3 HDD in bios. and yea i have 32 bit.. And my ram says its 6gb but using 3gb how do i use 6gb. and how can i still do RAID 0 with 32 bit?

You can't have more than 3GB RAM with 32 bit.

You RAID in the BIOS.

your not listening..... CAN I EVEN DO RAID IN A 32 BIT!?? AND CAN I USE MORE THAN 1 HARDRIVE IN A 32 BIT BECAUSE IN MY COMPUTERS IT ONLY SHOWS C DRIVE BUT I HAVE ANOTHER HDD.... thats not showing..

Yes you can. I have three hard drives in RAID0 in XP32.

My point was that RAID is separate from the OS. You will need a driver though.

What array did you want?

Has the second HDD been formatted? If not, that is why it doesn't show up.

Yes you can. I have three hard drives in RAID0 in XP32.

My point was that RAID is separate from the OS. You will need a driver though.

What array did you want?

Has the second HDD been formatted? If not, that is why it doesn't show up.

ok i formatted it .array? i want RAID 0 can u give me steps to do that?

You will have to reinstall your OS after you do this.

Go into the BIOS and find where SATA mode is (it varies) and change it to RAID. save, reboot. A menu will pop up. Hit the button spegified to enter, then select new array, choose the hard drives, choose array type, stripe size, let it format, then reinstall.

I don't have a computer with me to mess with the menu on, so this is from memory. Try 64k stripe size.

Back
Top Bottom