Looking for a Custom Built Gaming PC For £1000?

The case only has one fan, which should be adequate for your rig. However, if for some reason your temperatures are above normal, you can help this by adding another fan to increase the airflow through your case. You shouldn't have to, but it's an option.

That case can fit a maximum 4 120mm fans and 2 140mm fans, which is more than enough for almost anyone.

The case only has one fan, which should be adequate for your rig. However, if for some reason your temperatures are above normal, you can help this by adding another fan to increase the airflow through your case. You shouldn't have to, but it's an option.

That case can fit a maximum 4 120mm fans and 2 140mm fans, which is more than enough for almost anyone.

Thank you I really appreciate your help.

Fans are there to aid cooling, yes.

So for example, an adequate cooling solution would be for fans to be dragging cold air in from outside the case (usually at the front), and then for fans to be expelling hot air from the case (usually at the back). This would aid cooling inside, and should mean that the inside of the case is only slightly warmer than the outside air temperature.

Computers are basically plug and play, meaning that all of the components slot together in some way that once fathomed is easy.

The hardest part you'll find to install is the CPU/heat sink as the fitting can be quite tight, but don't be scared to give it a bit of force to latch it on. Just of course, not too much.

The motherboard, which is capable of holding CPU's with a LGA1156 fitting means that any CPU in the i7 branding will be supported. If they carried on with that socket for future CPU's (they do change a lot) then chances are a BIOS upgrade could mean you could insert an even faster processor in there later, if one existed.

Trust me though; if you look after your computer, you'll be happy with them for a very long time. My build now is about 4 years old, and its still relatively within the times, and isn't considered old at all in my eyes, and other than a GPU upgrade and a RAM upgrade, will be happy with it for quite a few more years to come :)

I doubt I'll ever upgrade the processor on this rig while it lasts.

On another note, if you are to be gaming, I do suggest you buy at least a cheap sound card from the likes of Creative. It'd beat the hell out of the offering built into the motherboard, and usually come as a PCI card, or newer ones as a PCI-E 1x card. Both which are supported on that motherboard.
Sound quality for one will be most improved. Second of all, even though its a quad core, it puts less load on the CPU. Trust me, its worth it.

So for example, an adequate cooling solution would be for fans to be dragging cold air in from outside the case (usually at the front), and then for fans to be expelling hot air from the case (usually at the back). This would aid cooling inside, and should mean that the inside of the case is only slightly warmer than the outside air temperature.

Computers are basically plug and play, meaning that all of the components slot together in some way that once fathomed is easy.

The hardest part you'll find to install is the CPU/heat sink as the fitting can be quite tight, but don't be scared to give it a bit of force to latch it on. Just of course, not too much.

The motherboard, which is capable of holding CPU's with a LGA1156 fitting means that any CPU in the i7 branding will be supported. If they carried on with that socket for future CPU's (they do change a lot) then chances are a BIOS upgrade could mean you could insert an even faster processor in there later, if one existed.

Trust me though; if you look after your computer, you'll be happy with them for a very long time. My build now is about 4 years old, and its still relatively within the times, and isn't considered old at all in my eyes, and other than a GPU upgrade and a RAM upgrade, will be happy with it for quite a few more years to come :)

I doubt I'll ever upgrade the processor on this rig while it lasts.

On another note, if you are to be gaming, I do suggest you buy at least a cheap sound card from the likes of Creative. It'd beat the hell out of the offering built into the motherboard, and usually come as a PCI card, or newer ones as a PCI-E 1x card. Both which are supported on that motherboard.
Sound quality for one will be most improved. Second of all, even though its a quad core, it puts less load on the CPU. Trust me, its worth it.

That is great information mate thanks a lot, much appreciated!

That is great information mate thanks a lot, much appreciated!

I would suggest one of the two I linked or something similar that is known to have good air flow, i7 systems run pretty hot as the have a very high TDP, almost twice as much as E8xxx series chips, that's a lot of heat to dissipate and if the airflow is lacking it'll be a lot of heat stuck in the case, which will come full circle and keep the cpu and video card running warmer than it could otherwise because of the raised ambient temps inside the case...

here's a link to a review of different cpu coolers and their results in an i7 rig...

the CM Scout and psu combo is a really good deal, and a bonus is that the psu is modular which also helps in case cooling...

The motherboard, which is capable of holding CPU's with a LGA1156 fitting means that any CPU in the i7 branding will be supported.

Not all i7's are 1156 socket, the i7 920 is 1366. Most 1156 CPU's are i5's.

Not all i7's are 1156 socket, the i7 920 is 1366. Most 1156 CPU's are i5's.

basically Intel's high end (enthusiast) i7 Bloomfield cores are 1366, the lesser Lynnfield cores are 1156, that seems to be the easiest way to understand it, I want to read up on them more but don't see the need because I am fine with what I have right now...

The biggest difference in them is that 1336 platforms can use triple -channel RAM, but that won't be a bonus for some time now. It will come into play eventually though, I think.

There's also the fact that that the 1366 ones can do x16/x16 crossfire, while the 1156 ones can only do x8/x8. Doesn't make much of a difference for most current cards, but it won't be long before x8 starts to bottleneck higher end cards.

The biggest difference in them is that 1336 platforms can use triple -channel RAM, but that won't be a bonus for some time now. It will come into play eventually though, I think.

There's also the fact that that the 1366 ones can do x16/x16 crossfire, while the 1156 ones can only do x8/x8. Doesn't make much of a difference for most current cards, but it won't be long before x8 starts to bottleneck higher end cards.

it already does in some cases...

Back
Top Bottom