School secretly spying on students via webcams!

Do you have to use the laptops they give you? For example, if you are forced to use Mac only products to work in since you get a Mac book? That would suck.

But yeah, to know what the kid or whatever was doing, or whatever situation was captured, they would of had to have logged on to see it, and that in itself proves the point

I saw this on reddit. Hopefully they entire school board and administrators of that school are left permanently jobless.

My school does that. Which is why I remain anony on the internet. No Facebook, MySpace, Digg, etc...They randomly find the students' online profiles and surf the content. A couple students were expelled a while ago (for what I thought was a stupid move in the first place) for smoking cigarettes in the school uniform on a YT video. I have no idea what they were trying to prove...

I strongly disagree with being held responsible for things done outside of school. Your personal life should have absolutely no relation with schools or school staff (unless you're good friends with your teachers and hang out or something) but even then, anything within that should remain outside of school, too.

The thing I dont like the most is that this is a issue about a government controlled building. Isn't the Government supposed to be watching out for people like these?

My school does that. Which is why I remain anony on the internet. No Facebook, MySpace, Digg, etc...They randomly find the students' online profiles and surf the content. A couple students were expelled a while ago (for what I thought was a stupid move in the first place) for smoking cigarettes in the school uniform on a YT video. I have no idea what they were trying to prove...

I strongly disagree with being held responsible for things done outside of school. Your personal life should have absolutely no relation with schools or school staff (unless you're good friends with your teachers and hang out or something) but even then, anything within that should remain outside of school, too.

My old school did the same thing. and they kicked me out because of depression. wtf?

Well to be fair this is a little more than just snooping on someones facebook or myspace page. This is a total invasion of privacy!

Anyways you can physically block everything from being seen on Facebook so I don't see that as a reason not to have one. Just make your profile private then they can't see anything. And how the hell could a school expel a student for the whole youtube smoking thing unless it was done on school grounds?

As a reactionary response to that, I would get a camera and bum a loosey and pass them around to all the students and have everyone in the school take a picture of themself with a cigarette. Smoking is disgusting but no reason why they should be expelled for doing it in a video with a school uniform.

Back
Top Bottom