Building conditions??!

sina131

In Runtime
Hey guys im wondering where and and what shld i use to put together my build? like put the proccessor in the mobo and etc. My idea is im on a carpet with no socks on with and one of my legs touching the metal part of my computer case with gloves on. is that good n safe?

You havent. Here, first tell me what your going to use it for. Fill this form:

Primary use 1:
Primary Use 2:
Power user/do you want the NASA Supercomputer?:
Networking?:
Extreme Graphics?:

Generally.....
you don't need touch the computer at all times
try wooden floors
don't need gloves
socks are fine

BUT...
Don't touch the metal part of the cpu, not because you might short anything, but the oils on your skin can enter the micro valleys of the processor and prevent the thermal paste from adequately covering the cpu. Try to handle it by the edges.

Everything else will be fine such as the hard drive, power supply and even the graphics card. If you really want to, handle the ram by the heat spreaders.

Generally.....
you don't need touch the computer at all times
try wooden floors
don't need gloves
socks are fine

BUT...
Don't touch the metal part of the cpu, not because you might short anything, but the oils on your skin can enter the micro valleys of the processor and prevent the thermal paste from adequately covering the cpu. Try to handle it by the edges.

Everything else will be fine such as the hard drive, power supply and even the graphics card. If you really want to, handle the ram by the heat spreaders.

hmm what if i sit on the a chair and make sure my feet do not touch the ground and work on the table. Would i need to touch my comp at all? i mean all my house is carpet so im kinda *****

dont be stupid about it now...
come on, you must have commen sense

just ground yourself to your PC case by holding on to your tower at all times to keep the static electricity discharged. and you'll be fine

do be dragging your feet everwhere....

this isnt rocket science.

your making this way harder then it really is.

dont be stupid about it now...
come on, you must have commen sense

just ground yourself to your PC case by holding on to your tower at all times to keep the static electricity discharged. and you'll be fine

do be dragging your feet everwhere....

this isnt rocket science.

your making this way harder then it really is.

hmm ok could i lay my motherboard on my carpet while im touching my tower? or should i put cardboard or plastic under it?

FFS.

Just build your PC on a table. I Have built quite a few PC's in my day,all on a wooden table (My room has Shaggy carpet) and i didnt really care about socks/no socks/static electricity and not one of my parts have been damaged by static.

Just lay all of the parts on the table,put your motherboard risers in the case,slide the motherboard in and screw it in and just take it from there. As allendalle2008 said make sure not to touch your CPU ANYWHERE Except the edges,also make sure not to touch the gold fingers on your RAM.

Back
Top Bottom