Debate: Human Cloning- Your thoughts/Ides?

What root said. Or to flip it on its head, does anyone here remember as an embryo NOT feeling anything?

I HONESTLY dont see why using an embryo is such a big deal
im sure i'll get flamed for this...

but just because a baby human CAN form from one, does that give an embryo any more rights then lets say chicken eggs? Just because we hold our selves as the dominant species on this planet dosnt mean we are all knowing, all right, and better then all.

Either....use an embryo to make a 12yr old walk again, or let him suffer for the rest of his life, or say if it was your wife that needed it.
I think that most of you who voted no would change your mind pretty quick.

Its almost as if an open mind is asking far to much these days from anyone.
Do what YOU think is right, not what the good book says is right...

----------
If anyone is objecting to how i think...
please contact me in my email or PM
----------
lol.

Not flamed - but you'll get a firm objection from me I'm afraid.

but just because a baby human CAN form from one, does that give an embryo any more rights then lets say chicken eggs? Just because we hold our selves as the dominant species on this planet dosnt mean we are all knowing, all right, and better then all.
I'd say it does. A chicken egg becomes a chicken, a human embryo becomes a human. Unless your saying humans and animals should be equal? In which case would you engage in cannibalism as happily as you'd eat a chicken?

Either....use an embryo to make a 12yr old walk again, or let him suffer for the rest of his life, or say if it was your wife that needed it.
So rephrasing that - either grab parts of an embryo, kill it and hope those parts are useful, or let it grow up into a happy, healthy human being? Suddenly the choice doesn't become as seemingly clear.

Ever thought that people think it's wrong because they are keeping an open mind? Keeping an open mind means you make an informed decision based on the facts you have available, and for me (and I'm sure many others) that has involved coming to a negative conclusion based on these facts. Not because some random guy off the street told us so.

----------
If anyone is objecting to how i think...
please contact me in my email or PM
----------
lol.

so if I'm bigger than you, older than you wiser than you, better educated than you, richer than you etc, etc, etc...

I get to murder you?

I'm not interested in a book, good or otherwise!

I do recall what one comedian said regarding animal research though...

Basically they were against researching drugs on animal cells, but if it meant saving their own kids then they'd happily go out with a hammer and a bin liner harvesting their own supply of research puppies...

So, in general, for making old people I don't know live longer, I'm probably against harvesting stem cells in a way that destroys embryos, why should they get to live longer at someone else's expense?

however, if it meant saving my child life I'd get that embryo out myself...

anyway, Ebryos aren't the only source of stem cells, they are also found in the placenta, which is a natural 'waste' product of pregnancy.

Also, I can't say that I'm particularly against the harvesting of stem cells from aborted foetuses.

The fundamental question is when does life start? The ambiguity of that question initiates heated argument in various topics, abortion and stem cell research included. Interestingly enough, people who say life starts as an embryo oppose both abortion and stem cell research, and vice-versa. Ideally, stem cells should be extracted from something that does not kill the embryo, but problems such as cost might arise. Overall, one has to evaluate the pros and cons, and that will vary by person. I think its safe to assume that the applications of results derived from the research would be very valuable to the medical world. This major advantage is enough to sway my vote.

i dont think that cloning humans would be a good idea, everyone would treat them as inferior to regular human beings. you could end up with slavery again.

Nah I doubt that. I see it as possibly being the exact opposite: Genetically modified clones being a superior kind.

More I think about this is what is the point to cloning? It's only a identicle copy of the person (just looks), not the same personality.

Back
Top Bottom